• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lots of flakey ODT members these days

Maybe they're the only child of workaholic parents.
Or grew up on the internet, limited interaction w/people.
Perhaps learned their social graces from watching
Charles Bronson movies. He didn't talk much either.
Just a hunch you understand, I could be wrong.
Has happened before, twice this year already and
it ain't even St. Valentine's Massacre day yet.

I felt kinda bad how I treated a newer member earlier this week at a meet. He said he’d pay my asking price. We made a deal on when and where to meet. He showed up 30 minutes late. Which was fine, I wasn’t in a hurry. However when it came time to pay he said he only had $120 in 20’s and not exactly the $105 we agreed on. He asked if I had change. Ow I know he wanted me to say I’d just take $100. Buuuuuuuut I wasn’t doin that. Told him he could walk in that store we met at and get me my $5. How hard is it to bring the right amount of money to the meet? I mean...**** I brought the right amount of bullets I said I’d sell em.

Happened to me several times last year.
Buyer: "You got change?"
Me: "No but they do inside QT?"
B: "Man you gonna make me go in there for five bucks."
M: "Only if you want to make the deal."

1 was new, 1 was a long time member, and 1 was an asshat.

Most of em are Biden boys sent here to integrate and interrogate us for the new admin so coming after em will be easier. The ghosting is just them filing their report of all you bragged about in yer PM.

Old guys too. How hard is it to reply to a PM? It's sold, I won't ship, I can't Paypal, **** You, I mean Hell, just acknowledge...
That's right...
I've sent messages to two guys, making an offer... NEVER, not even a "No, thank you".
I think it is disrespectful.

Every time we have a panic this site blows up. Pick your deals and vet your buyer/seller and it's not a problem. If you jump on a 'deal' that's got no feedback and no history here, it's on you.

Is it me or do we have a host of flakes on this forum anymore. Poor communications skills. Ignoring messages. Changing their minds on selling items after you say you’ll take it.....it’s getting frustrating. It’s a new breed of gun owners buyers I guess
Not one of these flakes has wished me a happy birthday damn it.

My issue is with the lack of certain supplies, and knowing full well that we're in a bad situation with ammo, they are charging 10 to 12 TIMES the original price for primers. I have no argument that it's theirs to charge what the want, but $400 for something they paid $30 for?? Those "individuals" will find long down the road when things return to "normal"... people WILL remember those that help and those that have taken advantage.
Your right and alot of these peoples are longtime members.

Back
Top Bottom