• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lots of flakey ODT members these days

I got completely burned for the first time a few weeks ago on a Kershaw Blur knife. Guy had 20 + positives, good reviews. Took my money and ghosted. Even after he emailed apologizing and saying he mailed the knife that afternoon.
Maybe the parcel is stuck some where in some USPS facility.... They are really behind.
Although I bought some knives from a member in mid-Georgia and after he said he shipped, it arrived next day in my house up here in North Georgia...

I felt kinda bad how I treated a newer member earlier this week at a meet. He said he’d pay my asking price. We made a deal on when and where to meet. He showed up 30 minutes late. Which was fine, I wasn’t in a hurry. However when it came time to pay he said he only had $120 in 20’s and not exactly the $105 we agreed on. He asked if I had change. Ow I know he wanted me to say I’d just take $100. Buuuuuuuut I wasn’t doin that. Told him he could walk in that store we met at and get me my $5. How hard is it to bring the right amount of money to the meet? I mean...**** I brought the right amount of bullets I said I’d sell em.

xmas vaca.gif

Maybe the parcel is stuck some where in some USPS facility.... They are really behind.
Although I bought some knives from a member in mid-Georgia and after he said he shipped, it arrived next day in my house up here in North Georgia...
Was it a ‘C’ named town along I20 east?

No, I also messaged him on here and thru Venmo and he ignored me. He straight up stole my money. Check recent negs I’ve given.

I felt kinda bad how I treated a newer member earlier this week at a meet. He said he’d pay my asking price. We made a deal on when and where to meet. He showed up 30 minutes late. Which was fine, I wasn’t in a hurry. However when it came time to pay he said he only had $120 in 20’s and not exactly the $105 we agreed on. He asked if I had change. Ow I know he wanted me to say I’d just take $100. Buuuuuuuut I wasn’t doin that. Told him he could walk in that store we met at and get me my $5. How hard is it to bring the right amount of money to the meet? I mean...**** I brought the right amount of bullets I said I’d sell em.

You must be one of dem der capitalist...ha
You gave'em the option, your good...

It a mix of good & scam...heavy on the scam. Got burned this past weekend on a no-show ftf noob...1st time since I been here. 3 hour roundtrip bit me in the arse. Still makes me ill, but I didnt/haven't neg'd him. Previewed with the mods, case is there.
I just think/decided I learned my own lesson...that's 1...there won't be 2.

You should neg him. It may modify his behavior. It will also serve to let other members know about potential problems. The feedback system is there for a reason.

FarFavoriteConey-max-1mb.gif

Mister Heavyhand said:
Confucius say "what goes around, comes around"...
I hope he's right.
Recently responded to a WTB ad, posted 'PM sent' in thread,
sent PM stating the item I had, how much, with picture.
No response, no thanks but no thanks, no I already found one.
Poster is ODTer since 2017, about 30 pos 0 negs. He posted like
in thread's posts after mine so he's not out of town or bedridden.
Reminds me of how a lot of women don't even acknowledge when a
man holds a door for them. Act like it's an automatic door or sumpthin'.

I hope he's right.
Recently responded to a WTB ad, posted 'PM sent' in thread,
sent PM stating the item I had, how much, with picture.
No response, no thanks but no thanks, no I already found one.
Poster is ODTer since 2017, about 30 pos 0 negs. He posted like
in thread's posts after mine so he's not out of town or bedridden.
Reminds me of how a lot of women don't even acknowledge when a
man holds a door for them. Act like it's an automatic door or sumpthin'.

Sorry to read that ; I had a similar situation yesterday myself ( sent a PM & still have gotten NO reply ).

Some People :doh:

Back
Top Bottom