• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Looking for grill advice... and a grill

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a Char Griller Akorn recently from Amazon for less than $400. I cant say how it will last but for the price you can at least get an idea of if you like the BGE type of grill. It grills, sears, and smokes. Worth checking in to.

Another vote for RecTec. Will be smoking 19lbs of pork loins on mine tomorrow for pulled pork. Most I have done at one time is 35lbs. Get the extra shelf and sear plates (I need to order) and never look back. Bag of pellets will cook for about 35-40 hours depending on temps. Well over 700lbs of pellets burned in mine. Also, their customer service is top notch and they stand behind their product.

BTW, their small one is not much more than my Weber gas grill I got. I'm running an older 680 without all the WiFi goodies.

I was at Academy and saw a unit that had both propane for grilling and on the other side a pellet grill / smoker. That seems to me to be the best of both worlds. Right now, we have a traditional propane grill and a pellet grill / smoker. I think getting a combined unit would be perfect for us. Also bought a Black Stone Griddle and we cook on it all the time. Anyway, my 2 cents worth in suggestions.

Weber and don't look back.

Had mine plumbing for natural gas (you also have to change the jets on the grill) so now I don't have to worry about running out of propane.

Looking into my first real grill. I'm done with the cheapo charcoal grills and looking between Weber, and a few others (mostly looking at propane, though the green egg does have my attn)

Anybody have any feedback in this area?

Best place to purchase one for a deal?

How good IS the green egg, and how bad is the learning curve to control temp of that joker?

Any good advice is welcome!
I've had a Green Egg for about ten years now and liked it so much that I added a Small Egg three years ago. They're great with a good warranty. There is a learning curve and rhythm but once learned it's great. If I had to start over I would look close at the Kamodo Joe. It is a "second gen" competitor with some really nice features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom