• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Looking for grill advice... and a grill

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm telling you a RecTec Smoker/ Grill is the way to go control grilling with pellets and set to 500 degrees sear, grill or set it to low temps such as 225 and smoke ribs, butts, loins. Youtube them and watch the guys cook steaks, chicken, loins. Check them out.

RecTec is so easy it's like cheating....very versatile and even connects to your smart phone...very flavorful and they have tons of resources to help you learn how to use it...when i upgrade, this is what I'm getting.

It really all depends on what you're wanting to do with it the most. I have an egg and love it. It's not a great grill though but definitely works as one. If ease or worry free is what you're wanting in a smoker, get an electric, set it and forget it. Traditional (wood) smokers can be finicky with temps. If the wind is blowing keeping a steady temp can be difficult. I enjoy playing with it while I cook though. Makes it a little more fun.

Had mine for over 18 years and no problems here
I had one for a few years and when the replacement firebox cracked, I sold it. It’s fantastic for grilling steaks but I think it’s better suited for lower heat cooking styles. It’s also a pain in the ass to clean out the ashes. Instead of dropping $130 a year on a new firebox, I just went back to a Weber kettle grill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom