• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Looking for grill advice... and a grill

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing with the BGE or Joe, is you can cook super hot, over 600 easy, or smoke low and slow at 225 for hours on end. Or anything in between. You can't beat the taste of a good steak seared over that natural lump. No way no how.

The thing with the BGE or Joe, is you can cook super hot, over 600 easy, or smoke low and slow at 225 for hours on end. Or anything in between. You can't beat the taste of a good steak seared over that natural lump. No way no how.
Agree 100%. Egg is the most versatile and produces the best results, imo. I’ve had my Egg forever it seems and only replaced the springs 1x, nothing else. I’ve seen a few pop up here from time to time for sale.... always tempted to buy another and keep at my hunting camp

Agree 100%. Egg is the most versatile and produces the best results, imo. I’ve had my Egg forever it seems and only replaced the springs 1x, nothing else. I’ve seen a few pop up here from time to time for sale.... always tempted to buy another and keep at my hunting camp
Yessir absolutely!! I have a Large. I would love to have an XL, and a Mini Max!

Looking into my first real grill. I'm done with the cheapo charcoal grills and looking between Weber, and a few others (mostly looking at propane, though the green egg does have my attn)

Anybody have any feedback in this area?

Best place to purchase one for a deal?

How good IS the green egg, and how bad is the learning curve to control temp of that joker?

Any good advice is welcome!
Looking into my first real grill. I'm done with the cheapo charcoal grills and looking between Weber, and a few others (mostly looking at propane, though the green egg does have my attn)

How good IS the green egg, and how bad is the learning curve to control temp of that joker?

I have a holland grill. I love it. It’s simple easy to use and the best part is no flare ups. The only grill I have found that won’t burn a burger. They stopped making them a couple years ago but a fine grill. Facebook market place would be a good place to find one used. They generally sale for 400 to 500. Well worth the money.

Okay, I'm headed to Ace hardware to price BGE. I appreciate everyone's opinions! Still may end up with a mini and a Weber... we will see!

I may need to go into a bit more detail about me so you know who you're dealing with.
I'm a guy who can't cook. Seriously, I'm learning but I'm terrible. I burn the burgers.

My buddy said I need a decent grill in order to get my game up. This will probably be used once or twice a week. I have a small family and certainly wont be cooking for guests until I can deliver a product I'm proud of! HA!

I think I'd prefer the gas grill to get some practice under my belt before I go for trying to smoke a giant pig. But then again, i know nothing at this point

this is how I cook lol.

I just bought a 5 burner NextGrill from HD. Buddy of mine who can cook, owns serious smoker and all that, has one and loves it.

Hi heat or low n slow....can’t go wrong with BGE

64AB7A16-ACAF-4C62-A7C8-7D49F8595601.jpeg 2F214108-D26B-4D62-ADD2-930D2225ECB5.jpeg

Hard to go wrong with a basic Weber. When I was younger and my buddies were getting married my standard "go-to" wedding gift was a Weber and everyone appreciated it.

My son is the BBQ guy in the family and he swears by his egg, but he has a cheaper knockoff version that costs about a third as much and does the same job. Look around at the "egg" options. I think his is a red-orange Komodo.

Had a buddy that had two BGEs, his original one, 25 yo, was cracked and he used it for low temp...veggies and fish; his new one is his high temp cooker for steaks, burgers, etc.

Hard to go wrong with a basic Weber. When I was younger and my buddies were getting married my standard "go-to" wedding gift was a Weber and everyone appreciated it.

My son is the BBQ guy in the family and he swears by his egg, but he has a cheaper knockoff version that costs about a third as much and does the same job. Look around at the "egg" options. I think his is a red-orange Komodo.

Had a buddy that had two BGEs, his original one, 25 yo, was cracked and he used it for low temp...veggies and fish; his new one is his high temp cooker for steaks, burgers, etc.
Love to hear the diversity in the family, sounds like you raised a good one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom