• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for another dog training apprentice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the current location, and where will the new location be?
The current location is in Sandy Springs. The new location will be determined after taking into consideration the wishes of the apprentice. It will be a permanent move to a new city, but practically any large city will work.

My daughter went into this type industry. She now is running the PetsMart grooming salons for about 5 of the stores. They trained her to train dogs...then she moved into grooming. Went to college to be a teacher, got a job freshman year cashiering for one and moved up. All these Corp execs want her to move to Charlotte or other locations to clean up troubled salons but they haven't offered her the right package yet....
She would've been head over hills for something like this.
She stayed with PetsMart when she graduated and found out that teacher pay was about what she made cashiering. Unbelievable.

Bottom line, I will talk with her Bear....I am sure she may know someone good enough to take this on and run with it.
If I was physically able I would in a second, even at the starting pay, just for the opp. ...... It sounds like a helluva deal.

My daughter went into this type industry. She now is running the PetsMart grooming salons for about 5 of the stores. They trained her to train dogs...then she moved into grooming. Went to college to be a teacher, got a job freshman year cashiering for one and moved up. All these Corp execs want her to move to Charlotte or other locations to clean up troubled salons but they haven't offered her the right package yet....
She would've been head over hills for something like this.
She stayed with PetsMart when she graduated and found out that teacher pay was about what she made cashiering. Unbelievable.

Bottom line, I will talk with her Bear....I am sure she may know someone good enough to take this on and run with it.
If I was physically able I would in a second, even at the starting pay, just for the opp. ...... It sounds like a helluva deal.
Thank you for recognizing what this is.

We are offering an opportunity to a person that has little or no skills, teach them to be a top notch dog trainer and then move them into an operation they are responsible for in a location that they will have a lot of choices of. All on our dime while they are getting paid to learn.

Folks, I'm dying here trying to find people ....
I'm tired of screwing around with people that don't know what it is to work for a living and then don't understand why it isn't all just handed to them.
Why when you get get paid more starting out at fast food
Free breakfast lunch dinner
And be few miles from home
Take transit free
And get to smoke weed at work
Good luck man
That's the reality. Bear, you are competing against other $10 an hour jobs, regardless of any future upside. You are going to get $10/hr type help.
I get what you are after, but you are fishing in a very very VERY small pond.

You misspelled gamble. ^
Gamble?

Well, I guess I am gambling all of the time, effort and money we will spend on this apprentice. If you mean that taking a job that is offering a high paying future with a guaranteed position at the end of the apprenticeship is a gamble rather than an opportunity... I really don't know how to respond to that other than, D,JD.

You misspelled gamble. ^

Opportunity, not gamble. A gamble is where you have no charge over the outcome. What happens happens. If you go into this and work hard it will payoff.
If this is a 'gamble' , then any job/career/schooling with hopes to better oneself is a gamble. Rolling dice is a gamble.

This is basically "paid training" .....it looks like. The lot of folks think you are stuck at this wage forever if you take this on.
I am betting you could accelerate faster in this type of career than you could most anywhere....according to the owner anyway.

You know what, with the psychology being exhibited in this thread, I think I might be better off treating this like a school where everyone pays me a crap ton of money to learn the skills and then I'll just select the best of the students to offer the position to.

Seriously, there are tens of thousands of young people out there that have put themselves into crushing debt to get a degree in fields that pay a fraction of what I'm offering. Yet, apparently, paying someone to learn these skills and guaranteeing them a position at the end of the apprenticeship is somehow a "gamble" for them and a scam from me. Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom