listing for a friend

I did it for a friends dad once but, he came along on the deal and did the trade. Could easily tell you every part of the weapon and it's function but, I bet didn't know how to use a smart phone, lol.

I tend to see people using it as more of a bidding process. "Well, since it is not my gun, I will have to check with him/her." "I spoke to them, $1900 is the lowest they will take for this Saiga. Even I offered them $1,500 and they turned it down." I am esspecially seeing it now on "Russian/Banned" rifles.

Yea but what if the friend backs out of the deal and you get negged? *I really just wanted to re-type what I've seen a handful of times before on this topic :D I could care less either way if someone lists for a friend. I'm mostly "meh" on this topic I guess.

I tend to see people using it as more of a bidding process. "Well, since it is not my gun, I will have to check with him/her." "I spoke to them, $1900 is the lowest they will take for this Saiga. Even I offered them $1,500 and they turned it down." I am esspecially seeing it now on "Russian/Banned" rifles.

If someone told me they would need to check with someone else I would let them know that I will either speak to that person directly or my offer is off the table. As much as I may want a gun, I would prefer not to be desperate about it.

Although I agree in most, there are other valid and of course non-valid reasons. For one, my grandparents have never owned any technology related item greater than a microwave or a vcr and still have never had nor actually been on the internet. My parents just recently joined the millennia, when I gave them a computer and paid for the first year of internet service.

Isn't that called a straw purchase

:doh: Oh brother... its was only a matter of time when this term would be brought up.

No, it is not a straw purchase, unless the other party is legally not allowed to be in possession of a firearm. Good question though.

Yea but what if the friend backs out of the deal and you get negged? *I really just wanted to re-type what I've seen a handful of times before on this topic :D I could care less either way if someone lists for a friend. I'm mostly "meh" on this topic I guess.

Then you write them a scathing PM and tell them to piss on a glowing hot rock that has rainbows drawn on it in chalk???

:doh: Oh brother... its was only a matter of time when this term would be brought up.

No, it is not a straw purchase, unless the other party is legally not allowed to be in possession of a firearm. Good question though.

Haha I like how you write "Oh brother" and then end it with "Good question though". That's the southern way right there!

Then you write them a scathing PM and tell them to piss on a glowing hot rock that has rainbows drawn on it in chalk???

Oh absolutely! Chalk rainbows are a must haha

Back
Top Bottom