• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Liability question

Forgot to add, our "voluntary" HOA dues are $50/year. That covers the costs of maintaining the entrance and also allows enough surplus for a couple small HOA sponsored events during the year.

Agree with the general attitude of F-no HOA's. If you dont belong to the HOA, you dont need insurance, and are not obligated to cover any of the improvement costs. You are also not obligated to abide by any of the retarted rules they tend to come up with.

I'd bet the property lines for the house on the corner include the grass in question. As I have learned fairly recently, the GIS map lines can be waaaaaay off, and they always are shown far back into the parcels along the street. Honestly, I think that's how they adjust the GIS map so that every bit of land is accounted for and taxed, giving a little margin for error.

The only way to know for sure is to contact the county register of deeds and ask for a copy of the deed to that property on the corner and plot out the property corners in Google maps with the measurements.

So, who actually owns the common areas of your neighborhood? Did title pass to any of the homeowners who bought property there? Does The property developer or homebuilder own it?
You need someone competent, i.e. an attorney, to analyze the ownership of the "common areas". They may not be as common as you think. The "owner" may not be amenable or answerable to an HOA.

Otherwise, you are jacking off with mittens.

So, that being the standard, it is highly unlikely that an after the fact HOA can assert any control of a "common area" or provide liability protection to any individual owner vis a vis the alleged common areas.

Back
Top Bottom