• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Known Distance Appleseed to 600 yards

AR wouldn't cycle. It would feed and fire one round, and then the bolt would get stuck closed. The only way to get the bolt to go back into position is lots of percussive maintenance. I built it myself, and for some reason, I've never been able to get more than a couple rounds through it without it locking up. Have tried different BCG, different lowers, still locks up.
Someone said it might be the gas block. I can't seem to get the handguard screws to come off

Possibly the feed ramps, try polishing.it could be a multitude of issues though.

AR wouldn't cycle. It would feed and fire one round, and then the bolt would get stuck closed. The only way to get the bolt to go back into position is lots of percussive maintenance. I built it myself, and for some reason, I've never been able to get more than a couple rounds through it without it locking up. Have tried different BCG, different lowers, still locks up.
Someone said it might be the gas block. I can't seem to get the handguard screws to come off

I'm in Kennesaw. By no means an expert but if you want some help messing with it let me know.

That sounds like a *****. Wonder what it is. Could be gas block depending on what you mean by "locks up". Do you mean it wont cycle and load the next round? I dont think that would lead to an issue needing percussive persuasion though. Sounds like something isnt the right size.

Didn't meant to hijack the thread :-/ Have no idea what to do about it

I have to get to one of these. What’s the most popular rifle? Garands and M1As I guessing? ARs next?

There was only 1 M1A at the weekend. Everyone had AR' just about. Several calibers but .223 seemed predominant. If I'm not mistaken, it is a prerequisite to qualify at a 25 meter event prior to doing a KD.

Back
Top Bottom