• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

(Just testing the waters) Combat Life Saver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if the Army trained him for a total of 15 days (5 different training sessions of 3 days each) on the topic of emergency first aid for severe trauma injuries (like gunshot wounds), then he knows more about this than 98% of the people at this site.
Any person who knows substantially less than he does would benefit from this training, assuming Joapy can successfully transfer some of the knowledge and skills to the people who would attend the course.

I don't think you have to be a highly-credentialed expert in an area to teach people who know far less than yourselves.

As for the legality of operating a business and taking money to teach medical stuff..... I don't care! It's not my problem. I would no more care about that than I would concern myself that the guy selling firewood out of the back of his pickup truck near that highway off-ramp isn't paying taxes, or isn't offering the firewood in an approved quantity and accompanied by the correct signage as mandated by the Georgia Department of Agriculture. All I care about is 1-- is it seasoned hardwood, and #2 what's the price. Beyond that, I couldn't care less.

P.S. I'm interested in a class like this IF it fits my schedule and I can make the time to drive to and from it and attend it. I did attend a tactical first aid / woods rescue course a couple of years ago, and we paid a small fee (I'm sure the guy doing the training didn't make any profit-- our fee was all used up on costs and expenses of the event), and we had to bring some of our own materials. )

It seems rather obvious to me that people who carry guns daily so that they can be ready to fight back if attacked should EXPECT that they or some innocent person around them could be SHOT during such an encounter, and knowing how to treat a gunshot wound would be rather important during that 5-minute interval between the last round being fired and the first EMT/ Paramedic / Fire Rescue people arriving.

I think if the Army trained him for a total of 15 days (5 different training sessions of 3 days each) on the topic of emergency first aid for severe trauma injuries (like gunshot wounds), then he knows more about this than 98% of the people at this site.
Any person who knows substantially less than he does would benefit from this training, assuming Joapy can successfully transfer some of the knowledge and skills to the people who would attend the course.

I don't think you have to be a highly-credentialed expert in an area to teach people who know far less than yourselves.

As for the legality of operating a business and taking money to teach medical stuff..... I don't care! It's not my problem. I would no more care about that than I would concern myself that the guy selling firewood out of the back of his pickup truck near that highway off-ramp isn't paying taxes, or isn't offering the firewood in an approved quantity and accompanied by the correct signage as mandated by the Georgia Department of Agriculture. All I care about is 1-- is it seasoned hardwood, and #2 what's the price. Beyond that, I couldn't care less.

P.S. I'm interested in a class like this IF it fits my schedule and I can make the time to drive to and from it and attend it. I did attend a tactical first aid / woods rescue course a couple of years ago, and we paid a small fee (I'm sure the guy doing the training didn't make any profit-- our fee was all used up on costs and expenses of the event), and we had to bring some of our own materials. )

It seems rather obvious to me that people who carry guns daily so that they can be ready to fight back if attacked should EXPECT that they or some innocent person around them could be SHOT during such an encounter, and knowing how to treat a gunshot wound would be rather important during that 5-minute interval between the last round being fired and the first EMT/ Paramedic / Fire Rescue people arriving.

Well said.

I really appreciate the words! This is exactly where I'm coming from.
I'm just passionate about teaching and helping others. I feel as all of us here love self-defense, weapons, etc., and think that first aid holds hand in hand. And to have first aid centered around combat-related injuries is even more convenient for men and women like us.

The donations are indeed not for profit. My idea was to give everyone a CAT (combat action tourniquet), as the leading cause of combat related preventable deaths on the battlefield is indeed hemorrhaging. The rest of the materials would be listed as a comprehensive list for the people attending class to purchase themselves. But I was willing to pay for it myself. (20-30 dollars) I'm not going to get into political debates on tax's. I assure you, I'll be paying tax's on the sales tax of said tourniquets.

I've put aside everyone's username so far interested. I will PM you all in the coming months, (as I return next month) and if you're still interested, I'll schedule a date. I've been going over a lot of material and trying to create a fully functional approach that's easy to understand so everyone will have a take away on this. Thanks for your support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom