• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just Curious

Daniel Defense uppers go on sale somewhere all the damn time for around 300 to 400 bucks. People pick them up and then flip them later when the sale is over.
Oh? Please share...

I would venture to say that you are confusing DD with the Sig uppers that go on sale from time to time.

They have always been pretty expensive wherever I see them, but they do make good barrels...At least the ones I've owned had really good barrels.

I never liked their charging handles. I don't know if it was the handles themselves, but every one I've handled was gritty and rough when charging. I never understood it. I've had low end AR's that felt better. Still, the DD guns I've owned were good, reliable shooters.

I always thought $1k, give or take a hundred, was the normal price for a new complete DD upper. I haven't looked lately.

I new there had to be a good screwing involved somehow. You just answered the real question.

The thing is that complete Daniel Defense uppers can’t be had for $400 - $500. That’s the price for low and mid budget uppers the past few years at the very least.

DD uppers are routinely in the $1K+ range and are often out of stock due to demand. One of the cheapest semi-complete (no BCG, charging handle, muzzle device) DD uppers in the market is the Mk18 specifically for Brownells. And that’s almost $900 before taxes and shipping.

Back
Top Bottom