• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just Curious

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
I look over the classifieds all the time. One thing that sticks out to me is why are there so many Daniel Defense uppers for sale. It's not like there are tons of them but there is always a couple posted. Is there a particular reason there uppers are for FS/FT so often. Is it accuracy, reliability issues or just plain trade fever?

People see them listed and think there is a demand and a profit or trade in their favor to be made.

I agree with Jake D. They buy just the upper and built the lower to save money and then saw a chance to cash in. The upper is probably from a backup rifle/carbine. I've not had anyone tell me that they had an issue with Daniel Defense.

So quality, availability particularly in this state, customer support, and the maintaining of value are probably the biggest contributions to there prominence. Another thing about DD uppers are they are complete. When you buy a dd you get a rail (unlike colt) fancy muzzle device (not an A2) and bcg charging handle (unlike some manufacturers)

Colts, Yes there are those as well. I use DD parts in a lot of my builds as well as WC, BCM and Noveske from working parts to recievers. All quality parts. I am waiting on DD to get their 6.8 barrels back in stock but the rep. said they have no run date scheduled.

Colts, Yes there are those as well. I use DD parts in a lot of my builds as well as WC, BCM and Noveske from working parts to recievers. All quality parts. I am waiting on DD to get their 6.8 barrels back in stock but the rep. said they have no run date scheduled.
You like the Wilson combat stuff? I assume it’s quality just don’t see a lot of it in the wild

Back
Top Bottom