• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just Curious

The thing is that complete Daniel Defense uppers can’t be had for $400 - $500. That’s the price for low and mid budget uppers the past few years at the very least.

DD uppers are routinely in the $1K+ range and are often out of stock due to demand. One of the cheapest semi-complete (no BCG, charging handle, muzzle device) DD uppers in the market is the Mk18 specifically for Brownells. And that’s almost $900 before taxes and shipping.
And even those mk18 uppers go extremely fast

Daniel Defense uppers go on sale somewhere all the damn time for around 300 to 400 bucks. People pick them up and then flip them later when the sale is over.
Yeah, this is true for any mid tier or high tier brand. I think the increase in the forsale section are people seeing the buying frenzy slow down and are panicking and trying to cash out.
Not a chance anyone is selling complete DD uppers for 3-400. The gun world would have been lit aflame with everyone ordering them and dd prices would have plummeted. Can't get a used barrel and bcg for those prices
He's obviously not talking about a sale last week. More like early/pre covid.

Yeah, this is true for any mid tier or high tier brand. I think the increase in the forsale section are people seeing the buying frenzy slow down and are panicking and trying to cash out.

He's obviously not talking about a sale last week. More like early/pre covid.
Yeah - I throw out the past year. I'm talking ever.

Oh? Please share...

I would venture to say that you are confusing DD with the Sig uppers that go on sale from time to time.

I know I bought a couple of them. Pretty sure will4me will4me did too.

Same here I have bought several DD Complete uppers and still have 3 in the packaging now.
Looking at them I bought these in 2017/2018 and I think I even bought 1 or 2 from NWSharpshooter NWSharpshooter .
They are quality uppers and I have never had a single issue ever with one (not to say I wont have any issues with the ones still New in box).
All the DD uppers I bought were sub 500.00 and over 430.00 if I remember correctly.

Damn the DD barrel I want is 308.00 bucks. It's their CHF 16 in. S2W, 6.8 barrel. When they ever get around to doing a production run on them. Then the BCG to go with it and I am at 450 plus right their.

Its buy and flip. I watch close and never see one cheap as mentioned above. But if someone can buy a complete gun in the 16-1700 range, sell the lower and have the heart of the gun left for a song, or either sell the upper and keep the lower. Cant but a DD lower except on the 2ndary market.

Back
Top Bottom