• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Is this true about trannies?

My 96 4runner had 300k on it and same fluid that it left the factory with

As long as it hasn't been over heated and smells sweet and is a light red color. It should be fine

If its dark brown or smells burnt. The trans is gonna croak soon anyway

Yes he does because I have -10000000000 experience with trannies.
Wait, you told me you recommended these trannies...??? :confused2:
www.theluxuryspot.com_wp_content_uploads_2011_08_trannies.jpg

But in all seriousness, my head mechanic at the job told me the same thing, don't change fluid as it may cause particulates to dislodge & cause issues. I didn't get into details with him about the fluid, so I honestly can't speak intelligently about that. As a matter of fact, I have a Ford V6 with 170K+ that seems to be slipping from 1st to 2nd, I fear I'm going to need to do something soon :(

Wait, you told me you recommended these trannies...??? :confused2:
www.theluxuryspot.com_wp_content_uploads_2011_08_trannies.jpg

But in all seriousness, my head mechanic at the job told me the same thing, don't change fluid as it may cause particulates to dislodge & cause issues. I didn't get into details with him about the fluid, so I honestly can't speak intelligently about that. As a matter of fact, I have a Ford V6 with 170K+ that seems to be slipping from 1st to 2nd, I fear I'm going to need to do something soon :(

Forget about cars, is that s/he in red pregnant?

I've professionally done transmission flushes on every make of car there is & trucks.I done rangers and f150 with more miles than yours and they are still driving till this day.most things you hear are myths but it did mess my honda accord up it had over 200,000 on it.id drop the drop the pan & change fluid & filter.at my shop filter & fluid change 79.95 flushes are 149.95 the extra $40 is for the synthetic fluid witch most ford call for.why the prices are different idk I just work there.

Last edited:
I've professionally done transmission flushes on every make of car there is & trucks.I done rangers and f150 with more miles than yours and they are still driving till this day.most things you hear are myths but it did mess my honda accord up it had over 200,000 on it.id drop the drop the pan & change fluid & filter.at my shop filter & fluid change 79.95 flushes are 149.95 the extra $40 is for the synthetic fluid witch most ford call for.why the prices are different idk I just work there.

Any idea where the concern comes in doing fluid changes on high-mile vehicle Vs others? Is there a valid concern with particulates as mentioned before, or is this just an assumption? Honestly, I'm scared to do mine based on everything I've heard

Back
Top Bottom