• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Is this true about trannies?

DogLegArms

Default rank <2000 posts
Silencer Dealer
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
82   0
Reaction score
If you think this is about he/she's, get your head out the gutter! I'm talking about transmissions. If the AT has never been changed, you should just leave it. I have 120k miles and don't believe the AT has ever been changed.

I've heard it both ways. Personally I'd just drop the pan, change the filter, refill fluids. If it's exceptionally dirty you could do it again in another 1-2k. I changed a lot like that when I worked in automotive and never had one come back with issues.

Changing the filter by dropping the lan is equivalent to Changing your oil filter and topping g off the oil. Your not doing a Damn thing lol . No offense. But if the fluid is typically atf and not cvt fluid then don't mess with it. Atf is a detergent as well as a lubricant. If there is a ton of **** in the trans fluid from not being changed for 100k + mi then the new fluid will wash all that mess loose and could cause issues

Changing the filter by dropping the lan is equivalent to Changing your oil filter and topping g off the oil. Your not doing a Damn thing lol . No offense. But if the fluid is typically atf and not cvt fluid then don't mess with it. Atf is a detergent as well as a lubricant. If there is a ton of **** in the trans fluid from not being changed for 100k + mi then the new fluid will wash all that mess loose and could cause issues

This is what I heard. So leave it? I don't know if it's ever been changed. I got it from my father in law 30k miles ago. I was going to change the ATF and asked him when's the last time he changed it and he said never :o.

He bought it used at 20k miles.

Back
Top Bottom