• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Is this true about trannies?

ive never had an issue with it,but i prefer standards.
i like to keep some empty mason jars handy,that way
i can measure out exactly how much fluid was drained
out. also,i was told long ago that you dont want to
leave the pan off too long-be quick about your work
and button her back up. and be sure to use a
quality fluid!

I disagree but to each his own. I spent 5 years in an auto shop and did countless trans services when customers wanted them without having them fall apart half a mile down the road. I don't think the manufacturer intended for you to never service it.

Comparing this to changing an oil filter and throwing half a quart in is stupid. When you drop a tranny pan you are going to be emptying the system aside from what's in the cooler, lines etc. funny how when we refilled them it wasn't just throwing in half a quart.

I suppose that that all was back in the day before everyone had an internet connection and knew everything, old timers threw kerosene or diesel in to dissolve the gunk but I won't make that suggestion.
What about the 7-8 quarts of fluid in the torque converter. Most transmissions hold 12-16 quarts of fluid. I've only been doing this for almost, 13 years but hey what the hell do I know

Any idea where the concern comes in doing fluid changes on high-mile vehicle Vs others? Is there a valid concern with particulates as mentioned before, or is this just an assumption? Honestly, I'm scared to do mine based on everything I've heard

I didn't like doing it I worked for two china men they made me do it.it did make a transmission go out in my car know I got a old beater truck so I just add fluid cause it leaks out lol

Back
Top Bottom