• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is anyone thinking about buying a used super duty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the baby Stroke. They sound bad as hell deleted and straight piped

I imagine they sound like the Titan XD that I heard did. It was bad ass and rattled my jimmies.

I pulled the camper over every mountain in nwga today with a 3.5 ecoboost the dealer let me take home and play with.

I am impressed.

958B067D-94F2-449E-870D-1808129D5C97.jpeg

The 6.7 is the first Ford Diesel engine. The previous were International/Navistar for the most part. Since the 7.3 international the new 6.7 is the only one that I would love to have. I’ve heard that Caterpillar had input on the technology. I haven’t seen a Cat I didn’t like. The delete is a minor cost & shouldn’t be remotely compared to bulletptroofing as stated above. $1000 vs $6-10k on a 6.0.

The 6.7 is the first Ford Diesel engine. The previous were International/Navistar for the most part. Since the 7.3 international the new 6.7 is the only one that I would love to have. I’ve heard that Caterpillar had input on the technology. I haven’t seen a Cat I didn’t like. The delete is a minor cost & shouldn’t be remotely compared to bulletptroofing as stated above. $1000 vs $6-10k on a 6.0.

I have had 2 7.3s, 2 6.0s, and now this 6.7. The 6.7 scorpion has by far been my favorite.

How was the low end torque pulling the camper with the 3.5?

It was amazing. Honestly I don’t know that I will buy another diesel. I’ve driven diesel trucks the last 16 years and this this the first gasoline engine that has ever impressed me.

It’s putting out 400 hp and 400 ft lbs of torque which is more than my old 7.3s and damn near what a stock 6.0 puts out.

The only area I really noticed it lacking was trying to control the trailer speed on steep descents. In my stroke I just let the engine braking slow me down but in the ecoboost the engine braking just can’t cut it and I had to use my trailer brakes a little...which I guess is what they are there for.

I fully expected to be underwhelmed by the 3.5 ecoboost but that was not the case at all.

I drove a 2019 titan pro4x Cummins last weekend. Looking at those & a megacab 2500 Cummins now only because my wife has seen a frien fold up the back seat & put an air mattress in there to sleep while hubby drives. Other than that I would be selling an f250 for another.
Concerned with the 5.0 v/8 Cummins. Not much history. Don’t know why they wouldn’t put a modded in-line 6 in the Titan.

Is the dealer making a stink about trading in a deleted truck? I figure in some more rural areas its not such a big deal, but in more populated areas they say it has to go to auction because they arent legally allowed to sell emission modified vehicles without returning to stock. Sounds like stuff that hurts trade in value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom