• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is anyone thinking about buying a used super duty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll go be poor somewhere else. All trucks are stupidly expensive. I can't begin to imagine paying $70k to haul a freaking trailer around. My brother-in-law and sister bought a trailer and the Chevy my brother-in-law had wasn't "powerful enough" for the trailer. He proceeded to trade that in on a used Diesel Dodge. He now has the pleasure of spending 50% more on diesel ($3/gallon for diesel vs. $2/gallon for regular) every single day to drag a trailer around a few times a year. The math on this equation is worse than owning a freaking boat. More power to those with toys, but damn that's a lot of money.

That's why I drive 60K a year in a 2 door honda civic and only 10k a year in my truck.

That's why I drive 60K a year in a 2 door honda civic and only 10k a year in my truck.

Yeah, that definitely helps. I'm sure you've done the math, but it seems a lot of money is getting thrown away buying an expensive new truck every ~5 years like you stated you do for minimal utility. I know it's not all about utility and we all spend money on something others would consider excessive, but trucks have gone insane.

Yeah, that definitely helps. I'm sure you've done the math, but it seems a lot of money is getting thrown away buying an expensive new truck every ~5 years like you stated you do for minimal utility. I know it's not all about utility and we all spend money on something others would consider excessive, but trucks have gone insane.

Absolutely it is a waste. We could stay in the finest hotels and go more often for much less than I spend each year on the truck, trailer, insurance, maintenance, depreciation, fuel, etc. Hell, I could rent an RV when we wanted to go out for less.

I don't own a big diesel truck though so I can pull our camper. I own a big diesel truck because I like them and driving it makes me happy. I bought the camper because I like pulling stuff with my big diesel truck. Honestly I couldn't care less about camping in a trailer. My wife and her family like it though, so it works out.

I don't like camping in Georgia in a tent either due to the humidity so I will say the camper has it's advantages that I really do like.

I'll go be poor somewhere else. All trucks are stupidly expensive. I can't begin to imagine paying $70k to haul a freaking trailer around. My brother-in-law and sister bought a trailer and the Chevy my brother-in-law had wasn't "powerful enough" for the trailer. He proceeded to trade that in on a used Diesel Dodge. He now has the pleasure of spending 50% more on diesel ($3/gallon for diesel vs. $2/gallon for regular) every single day to drag a trailer around a few times a year. The math on this equation is worse than owning a freaking boat. More power to those with toys, but damn that's a lot of money.
Gotta pay to play.

30k if anyone wants it. About to trade it in.
Just try the classified ad on eBay.... I hate throwing away money and I had two dealers last year offer me trade in value that was well below HALF of what I sold for on eBay classifieds. Also, dealing with the dealers on the truck value was 5x more of a pain in the ass than the private sale. Your money, your truck. Just my .02.

Just try the classified ad on eBay.... I hate throwing away money and I had two dealers last year offer me trade in value that was well below HALF of what I sold for on eBay classifieds. Also, dealing with the dealers on the truck value was 5x more of a pain in the ass than the private sale. Your money, your truck. Just my .02.

Meh, I’m not so worried about the money. It’s worth it to me to not have to private party it and wait to find a buyer.

Just thought i would see if anyone here was in the market before I give it to them.

Should have no problem getting kbb value for it from a dealer. Just did it with my 16 duramax. Fair value is fair value.

You also come out on top when you trade because you only pay taxes on the difference which I actually saved about $1800 in taxes because I traded to a much less expensive truck.

The dealer turned around and listed my truck for $2300 more than they gave me for it and sold it within 8 days (assuming they removed it from their site when they sold it) and they sold it for just about exactly what I listed it here for.

Not worth the $500 (tax savings vs what they retailed it for) to private party it. also the dealer will be able to sell the new buyer a warranty and you won’t. Dealers aren’t all that bad.

Good luck man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom