• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is anyone thinking about buying a used super duty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they discuss the cost of r&r on a blown turbo on the ecoboost. I know a 2012 owner that had quotes of $4-7k but I’m sure the technology has gotten better by now.

Did they discuss the cost of r&r on a blown turbo on the ecoboost. I know a 2012 owner that had quotes of $4-7k but I’m sure the technology has gotten better by now.

No and honestly I wouldn’t keep it long enough to expire the warranty so it doesn’t concern me.

I drive my truck so little now I’m lucky if I put 10k on a year. The power train warranty is 5 years/60k and I never keep a truck 5 years.

My coworker has a 3.5 with 260k and has only done maintenance. He doesn’t haul anything but ass.

The market is strong for cared for diesel trucks (deleted or not). List it on eBay motors classifieds for what you want and I'll bet you have a few offers within 48 hours. Also, fees are low on classified ads so you'll only pay about $150 on selling that truck.

The market is strong for cared for diesel trucks (deleted or not). List it on eBay motors classifieds for what you want and I'll bet you have a few offers within 48 hours. Also, fees are low on classified ads so you'll only pay about $150 on selling that truck.

Any market strength idea on gas? Have a F250 Lariat 4x4 5.4L gas considering sell. 2004 year with only 114k mi. Apologies OP, not trying to hijack post- just figured to ask real quick

Any market strength idea on gas? Have a F250 Lariat 4x4 5.4L gas considering sell. 2004 year with only 114k mi. Apologies OP, not trying to hijack post- just figured to ask real quick

I sold a 3/4 ton suburban on eBay classifieds for 4K more than KBB private value this year. The guy flew in from Minnesota with his daughter - transferred funds - and drove home. No hassle, no trouble. He was excited to have the vehicle he had been looking for. I also had 2 other backup offers within 600$ behind his in 48 hrs.

The problem here is the 5.4L gas. Folks typically buy an F250 for towing and most want a diesel.

FWIW, the Gen 2 3.5L EcoBoost will run off and leave the 5.4L, especially with the new 10-speed auto. It's always in the peak powerband. I just bought a 2018 F150 with the 5.0L Coyote and there is *no* comparison with my old 2004 F150 5.4L. I also test drove a 3.5L EcoBoost and it was a beast!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Is the dealer making a stink about trading in a deleted truck? I figure in some more rural areas its not such a big deal, but in more populated areas they say it has to go to auction because they arent legally allowed to sell emission modified vehicles without returning to stock. Sounds like stuff that hurts trade in value.

No, but I have kept the DPF and Egr cooler as well as all hoses, clamps, etc. The truck could be undeleted in an hour or so.

It was amazing. Honestly I don’t know that I will buy another diesel. I’ve driven diesel trucks the last 16 years and this this the first gasoline engine that has ever impressed me.

It’s putting out 400 hp and 400 ft lbs of torque which is more than my old 7.3s and damn near what a stock 6.0 puts out.

The only area I really noticed it lacking was trying to control the trailer speed on steep descents. In my stroke I just let the engine braking slow me down but in the ecoboost the engine braking just can’t cut it and I had to use my trailer brakes a little...which I guess is what they are there for.

I fully expected to be underwhelmed by the 3.5 ecoboost but that was not the case at all.
That 3.5 is amazing, isn't it? If I were pulling a camper on a regular basis, I would have bought one. As it is, I only have occasional need to tow and the 5.0L Coyote V8 satisfies my needs. Plus, I just love to hear that V8 rumble!

But during my test drives, one salesman put me into a 3.5L without my knowledge and I was surprised at how much low-end grunt it had at low rpms. Simply astounding.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom