• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is anyone thinking about buying a used super duty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to dissuade you in any way, but if you ever get into a panic stop or panic manover pulling your camper, you'll be glad you are or wish you were in the F250. Also, remember your tag. If you trade in, you get your tag money back on the trade to go toward the tag on the new one. Sell out right, you'll have to cash up for the new tag.

Not trying to dissuade you in any way, but if you ever get into a panic stop or panic manover pulling your camper, you'll be glad you are or wish you were in the F250. Also, remember your tag. If you trade in, you get your tag money back on the trade to go toward the tag on the new one. Sell out right, you'll have to cash up for the new tag.

Yeah the biggest issue for me though is I only drive my truck about 10k a year and problably less than 500 of that is with the camper hooked up.

That’s a hell of a lot of truck that just sits in the driveway 90% of the time to tow a camper 500 miles a year.

Also I have been thinking of selling the camper and getting a smaller toy hauler.

We had all the visions of people staying in our trailer while camping and it just hasn’t played out. 35 foot trailer for just me and my wife is a bit much.

Also I have been thinking of selling the camper and getting a smaller toy hauler.

We had all the visions of people staying in our trailer while camping and it just hasn’t played out. 35 foot trailer for just me and my wife is a bit much.

I see. 35ft is a big camper for two no doubt. The ecoboost trucks will run like a scalded dog no doubt, and be easier to park and get through drive throughs.

This isn’t a for sale ad. I’m not even sure I’m going to sell the truck or what it’s even worth. Just seeing if people would consider a deleted powerstroke from a private seller.
I am in the market now and I would definitely consider buying a deleted PS from a private seller. In fact, my preference is to buy from private sellers. My only issue with what you have would be that, in my experience, KBB (assuming that's where the $30k came from) significantly overstates trade-in values vs what the dealers really offer. I always use edmunds.com to establish "legit" values.

I am in the market now and I would definitely consider buying a deleted PS from a private seller. In fact, my preference is to buy from private sellers. My only issue with what you have would be that, in my experience, KBB (assuming that's where the $30k came from) significantly overstates trade-in values vs what the dealers really offer. I always use edmunds.com to establish "legit" values.

That figure is what NADA and KBB both showed. Looking at what they are selling for on the private market (or at least what people are asking for them), I would be inclined to sell it outright for 32k which is less than what I am seeing but more than I know the dealer will give.

I'll go be poor somewhere else. All trucks are stupidly expensive. I can't begin to imagine paying $70k to haul a freaking trailer around. My brother-in-law and sister bought a trailer and the Chevy my brother-in-law had wasn't "powerful enough" for the trailer. He proceeded to trade that in on a used Diesel Dodge. He now has the pleasure of spending 50% more on diesel ($3/gallon for diesel vs. $2/gallon for regular) every single day to drag a trailer around a few times a year. The math on this equation is worse than owning a freaking boat. More power to those with toys, but damn that's a lot of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom