• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

is anybody into gold prospecting

any corp property you can pan on, which is all around me. But, I just tend to dip off and disappear if you are pickin up what I am puttin down. I bought my first set of pans from HT. Get the kit, it will have pans, classifier, snuffer bottle and some small books and you will be set. There are plenty of places to pan in Canton, Blankets Creek (public) is where most folks go.

found this:

It shows the area in forsyth county below the lake a little different than your google map...so I am gonna try again! Going for bed rock this time. :)

View attachment 167524
My map is not to scale, its kinda general. When I am looking for new a place to prospect, I use google to look for creeks and places to park. The best thing to do is try to find some before you start trying to get to bedrock, Would hate for you to do all that work for nothing. Look for spot where the creek slows down. all you need is one spec of gold and you will know it is in the creek, then take off from there.

Last edited:
Inside the red area is for sure in the gold belt, however I have found gold outside of it as well.
View attachment 167435

Hmmm. My dad lives in that finger of the red that goes into west Cobb. He has 10 acres if land with a creek running through it. The old tale is that there was an old good mine up creek from him. Would this be a good place to go?

Last edited:
I would start with a pan, if you find some good color, then you could upgrade your equipment. Being that the creek is on his land, you can take whatever you want, pan , sluice, dredge....

Always go for bedrock, there, is where the gold stops and collects. Having access to a private gold bearing creek is more rare than gold its self.

20130205_180951.jpg

I built a dam

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom