• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is a WHITE OAK tree worth anything? In Marietta

No mill is going to come for a single tree. Just see what the price is to have the tree dropped and branches hauled away/chipped vs removing the whole thing. People will come get a dropped oak for firewood (even not cut up), but it may or not be worth the hassle to you.

You will not believe how big that tree is until it starts being dismantled and the pieces start being roped down
and hit the ground and you get an upclose perspective.

You can buy an Alaskan mill and get some slabs, but it alotta time and energy. Its great for splitting and using as firewood! I live in Marietta and I'd love to have some! You give me rounds, I'll split them!

uploadfromtaptalk1457463224129.jpg

You may need to check your local ordinances regarding cutting down trees.

"In Atlanta, tree owners considering removal must check city regulations before proceeding with the process. Any hardwood tree species with a diameter of six inches or larger must have a permit to be cut down, and pine trees that have a diameter of 12 inches or more must have a permit before tree service professionals uproot them. This is due to a tree ordinance in Atlanta that serves to protect the population of trees and keep it from downsizing any further."

http://www.treeremoval.com/tree-removal-regulations-by-state/#.Vt5bVGEkVxA

yup.. good 'ol land of the free..

Back
Top Bottom