• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is a WHITE OAK tree worth anything? In Marietta

You may need to check your local ordinances regarding cutting down trees.

"In Atlanta, tree owners considering removal must check city regulations before proceeding with the process. Any hardwood tree species with a diameter of six inches or larger must have a permit to be cut down, and pine trees that have a diameter of 12 inches or more must have a permit before tree service professionals uproot them. This is due to a tree ordinance in Atlanta that serves to protect the population of trees and keep it from downsizing any further."

http://www.treeremoval.com/tree-removal-regulations-by-state/#.Vt5bVGEkVxA

I had 34 trees dropped in my backyard here in east Cobb. No permit needed. I can tell you that no, no one is going to buy your trees. I looked every where around here. Tried to get someone to cut them and take them for free. Not happening. However, in Harris County guys pay my dad often to cut trees. Bummer. I've still got a good amount of Jurassic park size white oak and Poplars.

If you do a bit more research etc, you'll probably find a guy closer than you think with a Portable Mill. Their around and sometime they'l do the Milling for a Trade in wood. I know there is 1 or 2 around here I've seen them and the guy that used to live across from me had a bunch of Oak and Cypress he had processed that way. Maybe another idea for you.

Where in Marietta r u located
I'd be interested in some for free to be used as firewood

White oak mantle!

image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom