• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is a gun trust worth the money

All you have to do is amend the trust to you only submit form 4 or form 1 and then reamend to add everyone back the second you send it off, worked 3 times so far you don’t need any additional fingerprints for anyone else

I think GAgunLAWbooklet GAgunLAWbooklet covered this in another thread (https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/t...r-attorney-in-middle-ga.2880267/post-13045121).

In part, that ability depends on how your trust was written, and it's a feature of such trusts that the ATF could potentially challenge successfully. As with most of these situations, it's not an issue that matters until the agency decides that it matters.

Unless you plan on sharing your suppressor with someone else then it’s not worth the hassle. The only benefit is that others on the trust can legally have the suppressor in their possession. The downside is that each transfer requires all members to submit fingerprints, sign documents and undergo background checks adding to the cost, hassle and transfer time.
I have a trust that was created years ago and I quit using it.

I think GAgunLAWbooklet GAgunLAWbooklet covered this in another thread (https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/t...r-attorney-in-middle-ga.2880267/post-13045121).

In part, that ability depends on how your trust was written, and it's a feature of such trusts that the ATF could potentially challenge successfully. As with most of these situations, it's not an issue that matters until the agency decides that it matters.

Exactly. If you think about it this remove/add strategy is definitely violating the intent of the law, even if it's perfectly legal for now, or at least hasn't been challenged.

And my original trust wasn't written with that in mind anyways, so for me it's a moot point.

All you have to do is amend the trust to you only submit form 4 or form 1 and then reamend to add everyone back the second you send it off, worked 3 times so far you don’t need any additional fingerprints for anyone else
Does ATF know you're doing this?
Because it really sounds like that is falsifying a set of documents before you send them to the federal government, then undoing your fraud as soon as you think they're not looking anymore.

Suppose you ran a small business and applied for a loan from the federal small business administration (SBA) ...
and suppose the small business administration said "we will only give you a loan if you have a minority person as a president or vice president."

So you call a black guy into your office at 9 AM for an interview,
you hire him as a VP at 9:30,
then you get him to fill out employment-related paperwork. Then you make copies of that paperwork.

At 3:00 PM you finish your SBA loan application listing Mr. Minority as a V.P. at a salary of $100,000 annually. You send that to the feds.

At 4 pm, you get a confirmation email from the SBA that says your documents have been received electronically.

THEN you tell Mr. minority that his services are no longer needed,
and you pay him $370-- a prorated amount of his annual salary for one day's work. By 5 pm you have updated your company's internal business records to show he was fired on this date and is no longer employed. You never inform the SBA of this employment action.

Sound cool to you?

Think the SBA, US Department of Justice,
and the US Attorneys office will be OK with it? How about a jury of 12 of your peers?

Sound cool to you?

Think the SBA, US Department of Justice,
and the US Attorneys office will be OK with it? How about a jury of 12 of your peers?

Well, I'd probably create a bit of a paper trail and then put him on an impossible Performance Improvement Plan the following week. Might have to employ him for 45 days after the SBA sign-off.

How much money did I get from the SBA anyway?

Looking to get into suppressors since I have a good load out someone told me going through a trust makes everything easier is that true?
I went that way years ago because of a couple of things. 1) It didn't then require a CLEO from the county signoff for approval and 2) The suppressor could automatically be transferred to alternate listed Trustee(s) in the Trust should I die.

I got the forms, etc. online and opened a checking account for a Trust in my name and sent in all the paperwork..... I used the Trust to pay the $200 fee and for the suppressor. Seems to have worked okay for me.....

It's been several years so I don't know what may have changed with the process, however.

Does ATF know you're doing this?
Because it really sounds like that is falsifying a set of documents before you send them to the federal government, then undoing your fraud as soon as you think they're not looking anymore.
You literally file an amendment form with the form 1/4 and it clearly states the intent in the amendment and ATF has signed off each time , no fraud no hiding intent legal and approved that’s literally the point of a trust it’s a living document

Am I missing something? Did the ATF change the rules about amending/adding supporting trustees?
I have 4 separate "single-shot" trusts (silencer shop's kiosk). As directed, and after recv'g each stamp, I had both my sons sign the appropriate docs in the package, notarized, witnesses, etc. As far as I know, they are now included. No fingerprints were submitted.
As I understood it, putting each item in a separate trust negated the need to submit prints when adding additional trustees.
Correct/incorrect.... your thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom