• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is a gun trust worth the money

I have one, even have a few things in it, but stopped using it years ago. There was a time a long time ago when it was almost impossible to play nfa without one. It's not the case anymore and with the kiosks from SS, once you get the first one right, it's pretty simple filing. I'm still seeing wait times extended because of them.

If you have more than one person who would like to be able to take and play with a nfa item, it's the only way to go. If not, I still don't see the extra aggravation worth it. If you file as an individual and change your mind, you can always pay another $200 and transfer the item into a trust.

I had a trust drawn up and notarized. It was ready to go but I never bought a suppressor using it. I did it so I wouldn't have to do the fingerprints. They changed the rule so I never used it and have done everything as individual. My first can I bought from Silencer Shop and didn't have a kiosk close. I had to get a fingerprint card and mail everything. All other NFA stuff has gone through their kiosk. Once you're in SS system it's very easy. They have photo and fingerprints and take care of everything.

The vendor you have it shipped to is important as well.

If you use SS you will probably want one of their vendors. I always use Quiet Riot since they are pros and I started with them before SS was really a thing.

I did try Cherokee Gun once, and the results were depressing.

Even though my name, phone and email were clearly printed on each can's label (there were two), they transcribed the phone # to a Post-It wrong.

They said they called the number and it was out of service. So rather than bother checking or sending an email, they simply left them on the shelf for two months.

I finally called the ATF for a status and they told me the cans had been approved months ago. I called CG&P and they told me they had them but couldn't get in touch with me.

When I picked them up the Post-it with the wrong number was still stuck to one of the boxes with the note 'out of service' on it. Right next to the printed label showing the correct phone number and email.

That was the first and last time I used anyone other than QR.

I downloaded an $80 trust form, completed it myself and had it notarized. Baby bro is on it so he won't be rushed to sell in the event of my demise. Quiet Riot handled the transfers of my first two. I filed ind. on my 45K @ Howard's Pawn.

The vendor you have it shipped to is important as well.

If you use SS you will probably want one of their vendors. I always use Quiet Riot since they are pros and I started with them before SS was really a thing.

I did try Cherokee Gun once, and the results were depressing.

Even though my name, phone and email were clearly printed on each can's label (there were two), they transcribed the phone # to a Post-It wrong.

They said they called the number and it was out of service. So rather than bother checking or sending an email, they simply left them on the shelf for two months.

I finally called the ATF for a status and they told me the cans had been approved months ago. I called CG&P and they told me they had them but couldn't get in touch with me.

When I picked them up the Post-it with the wrong number was still stuck to one of the boxes with the note 'out of service' on it. Right next to the printed label showing the correct phone number and email.

That was the first and last time I used anyone other than QR.
That just sucks and is pure lazy. All your contact info is on the stamp.

QR is good. To good. They always manage to separate me from my money. Go in for an adapter or something end up with buying a suppressor.

Construct More Pylons Construct More Pylons , Amir is also very good and knowledgeable and he's also a gun guy, not just a dealer.

My local dealer seems to get better every time I do a transfer but have neither suppressor knowledgeable or accessories.

Since ATF Adopted rule 41 that requires photographs and fingerprints and a background check on everybody who is listed as a trustee, along with the maker or grantor / settlor of a revocable trust,

I tell clients that the only real advantage that we can count on for trust ownership right now is shared possession among a number of people who won't necessarily be living together and always going shooting together. For some people, that's a really big deal.

There's a POSSIBILITY that some future gun law may restrict future transferability of NFA weapons but let the people who have them already keep them (grandfather clause). In such a case if the entity holding these items is a trust rather than an individual, then all of the trustees who are authorized to use the stuff in the trust would be able to do so for all of their lifetimes, plus the lifetimes of any new trustees that could be added later
(in a trust that allows for adding new trustees after the Grantor /Settlor has died.)

All you have to do is amend the trust to you only submit form 4 or form 1 and then reamend to add everyone back the second you send it off, worked 3 times so far you don’t need any additional fingerprints for anyone else

All you have to do is amend the trust to you only submit form 4 or form 1 and then reamend to add everyone back the second you send it off, worked 3 times so far you don’t need any additional fingerprints for anyone else
Probably be perfectly fine unless there was an "issue" then the ATF would do what they do best.

Back
Top Bottom