• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Input on F-150 crew cab

Crew Cab F-150

• Total voters
Been eyeballing some of the 16's with lift kits. I'm just burnt out on the big tires though. Every truck I had until my last two were lifted, and I just feel like I'm at a point where I'm content with a stock truck, with some tint on the front windows some HID's.

At the risk of a total thread hijack, anyone upgraded their '15 F-150 std headlights to HID. If so, with what, how much and was it difficult?

I've got a two year old. We're doing all we can to make the extended cab work for now. The wife has a new Jeep so i've got to make my truck last a while.

I get it. I get crap all the time from family - "didn't you just say six months ago you weren't gonna sell your truck because there's nothing wrong with it?" Well, I've changed my mind. There's not anything that shouldn't be wrong with it, I just need more space and 4 real doors as opposed to the suicide half doors. And yea, I dread the day I have to buy a 4 door Lexus or some crap for my future ex-wife.

At the risk of a total thread hijack, anyone upgraded their '15 F-150 std headlights to HID. If so, with what, how much and was it difficult?

Hijack away, I'm curious myself The new XLT's don't come with HID's, but if I buy one, I'm for sure throwing a set on there. The new King Ranch/Platinums with the factory HID's = pure sexiness.

I get it. I get crap all the time from family - "didn't you just say six months ago you weren't gonna sell your truck because there's nothing wrong with it?" Well, I've changed my mind. There's not anything that shouldn't be wrong with it, I just need more space and 4 real doors as opposed to the suicide half doors. And yea, I dread the day I have to buy a 4 door Lexus or some crap for my future ex-wife.

My neighbor across from me at my townhouse had an extended cab F150 and 3 kids. I figured if he can do it then so can i. Now i think he's a miracle worker. Luckily my wife is 5'2" and she doesn't mind sitting in the dash with a car seat behind her. Also when i bought my truck i was 23-24 and single with not a care in the world. Had no idea i'd be married with a kid just a few years later.

My neighbor across from me at my townhouse had an extended cab F150 and 3 kids. I figured if he can do it then so can i. Now i think he's a miracle worker. Luckily my wife is 5'2" and she doesn't mind sitting in the dash with a car seat behind her. Also when i bought my truck i was 23-24 and single with not a care in the world. Had no idea i'd be married with a kid just a few years later.

My buddy did the same thing. Had an extended cab FX4 and his wife had an explorer when they first got together. Now they're on kid 3 and she has a minivan and he has a crew cab FX4, and he still complains it's not enough room.:confused:

Hijack away, I'm curious myself The new XLT's don't come with HID's, but if I buy one, I'm for sure throwing a set on there. The new King Ranch/Platinums with the factory HID's = pure sexiness.

My boss just bought a fully loaded King Ranch. Massaging seats, remote tailgate, full glass roof. It's a true cowboy cruiser. I'd wager $60-70k.

If I could do anything to my XLT, it would be HID lights (which should be do-able), garage door visor (maybe I can find one from a wreck) and seat memory (don't see that happening)

My boss just bought a fully loaded King Ranch. Massaging seats, remote tailgate, full glass roof. It's a true cowboy cruiser. I'd wager $60-70k.

If I could do anything to my XLT, it would be HID lights (which should be do-able), garage door visor (maybe I can find one from a wreck) and seat memory (don't see that happening)

I read a while back that converting 14's or prior to the 13-14 HID setup wasn't labor intensive but costly due to the ballasts and projector housings. That being said, from what I can tell the 15+ use the same ballast units/housing and it's just the bulbs themselves. Don't take my word for it because I haven't done my research, but...

I read a while back that converting 14's or prior to the 13-14 HID setup wasn't labor intensive but costly due to the ballasts and projector housings. That being said, from what I can tell the 15+ use the same ballast units/housing and it's just the bulbs themselves. Don't take my word for it because I haven't done my research, but...
Yes and no

09-14 you can get hid kit with headlights oem with everything about 1200
You have to have a relay kit few makes them
Converts your harness for ballast

Same for 15

Ok thread revival - been looking around. What color, and magnetic gray accent or no?

Attachments

• 1fcb25909b83db0ee5343c74626.jpg
    1fcb25909b83db0ee5343c74626.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 47a6f6a3b533ef09bffa9e066a4.jpg
    47a6f6a3b533ef09bffa9e066a4.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 5659a9b6abbc5ba06d3adfc465c.jpg
    5659a9b6abbc5ba06d3adfc465c.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 658848baeb9c4abd9b931638b8bef348.jpg
    658848baeb9c4abd9b931638b8bef348.jpg