• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In doubt of 9mm being best for prepping

Sure. But some of us will have ordered NV/thermal and cans before the collapse…
For the cost of a decent bare minimum night vision or thermal set up you could just buy 5+ grand worth of nonperishable food.

If you're thinking one of those $900 thermal scopes from Amazon is going to be useful for hunting you're in for a big disappointment.

For the cost of a decent bare minimum night vision or thermal set up you could just buy 5+ grand worth of nonperishable food.

If you're thinking one of those $900 thermal scopes from Amazon is going to be useful for hunting you're in for a big disappointment.

Yeah, but a pallet of dehydrated scrambled egg is nowhere near as cool as a set of NODs

Yeah, but a pallet of dehydrated scrambled egg is nowhere near as cool as a set of NODs
I hated wearing nods overseas. The only thing they are good for is using with an IR laser (Last I checked IR lasers were still illegal for civilians). Personally I'd rather wear an eye patch like a pirate and let my eyes adjust to the darkness. ;)

I hated wearing nods overseas. The only thing they are good for is using with an IR laser (Last I checked IR lasers were still illegal for civilians). Personally I'd rather wear an eye patch like a pirate and let my eyes adjust to the darkness. ;)
It is illegal to Spotlight in Virginia but there are times that we have flashed headlights across fields and seen 20 or 30 deer out in a field eating grass or whatever they're out there eating. So night vision and all that infrared mess is not really necessary to make a kill at night. If you have a decent flashlight and a good strong green laser that will show up in the light then you can shoot deer till the end of time. All the light does is just make them look straight at you and freeze they don't run away. You always have a time to drop a laser bead on one and pull a trigger.

Who says we can’t have both night vision and a ton of food?

What in the boomer fudd kind of ridiculous rumor is this :lol:

Why can’t civilians buy IR Lasers?​

A

WHY CAN’T CIVILIANS BUY IR LASERS?​

All IR Lasers are controlled by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and are classified as Class IIIb or IEC Class 3B Medical/Industrial Lasers. Class IIIb and IEC Class 3B Lasers emit between 5 and 500 mW output power. IR Lasers can only be viewed through Image Intensifier Night Vision technology and are invisible to the naked eye. Because of this, and the high power in which they operate, IR lasers can cause significant damage to eyes if exposed. Human and animal eyes have a natural aversion to bright light. When exposed, the natural reaction is to shut or avert the eyes. Because IR lasers are invisible to naked eyes, there is no reflexive response to look away or shut them. This means exposure can take place without the victim even knowing it, causing serious damage or permanent blindness. So, it is clear why the sale of these devices is restricted.
If a government or law enforcement department/ agency wants to purchase an IR laser unit, we will process the PO and a disclosure form and letter, signed by the Chief Law Enforcement Officer or CO is sent to the manufacturer whereupon the IR units are drop-shipped to the department address. We do not take possession of the IR laser units from the manufacturer.

Back
Top Bottom