• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In doubt of 9mm being best for prepping

To tell you the truth like I said before I was bored and just mulling over ideas in my head. Then a stroke or brilliance came over me. That thought was " What is the best way to get 3/4's of the member ship up in arms and fighting mad? ". I know cast doubt on the 9mm and let the games begin. LOL As God as my witness it was the only reason for creating this thread. IT WORKED!
IMG_0278[1].JPG

Those will work,. As long as you have a family member with a larger hunting caliber.

Certainly down here in the North Georgia mountains, the ability to take large-ish game will be useful for a while, but given the population, I'd expect the obvious prey like deer to get hunted out pretty quickly.

Certainly down here in the North Georgia mountains, the ability to take large-ish game will be useful for a while, but given the population, I'd expect the obvious prey like deer to get hunted out pretty quickly.
Run outta deer?!? What will we eat?
BEBBEF65-D3FA-4249-AC84-906790CBE631.jpeg

Run outta deer?!? What will we eat?
View attachment 5383611
There are thousands and thousands of acres around me with very little population. I can't see deer running out anytime soon. It takes a 4×4 to get way back in the woods on those logging trails that are over 100 years old. You could drive for a full day and still have 100's miles of road to drive on. The hunting population has decreased drastically since I was a kid so not everyone is proficient enough to make a kill so around here game will be plentiful for a good long time. Plus bear and elk populations are a option as well.

There are thousands and thousands of acres around me with very little population. I can't see deer running out anytime soon. It takes a 4×4 to get way back in the woods on those logging trails that are over 100 years old. You could drive for a full day and still have 100's miles of road to drive on. The hunting population has decreased drastically since I was a kid so not everyone is proficient enough to make a kill so around here game will be plentiful for a good long time. Plus bear and elk populations are a option as well.
those trails are also accessible by foot, and with thermal scopes being "order on amazon and have them delivered to you today" and cheap, and hunting rules out the window, I imagine any animal larger than a mouse gets poached within a month. Many will be gut shot to run off and die, and many more will be killed for just enough meat for a meal or 2 since people don't know how or have the ability to preserve food, but I bet if SHTF for real there would be whole patches of forest all but empty in no time.

those trails are also accessible by foot, and with thermal scopes being "order on amazon and have them delivered to you today" and cheap, and hunting rules out the window, I imagine any animal larger than a mouse gets poached within a month. Many will be gut shot to run off and die, and many more will be killed for just enough meat for a meal or 2 since people don't know how or have the ability to preserve food, but I bet if SHTF for real there would be whole patches of forest all but empty in no time.
I can’t imagine any real EOTWAWKI scenario where Amazon is still delivering its goods. 😉

Back
Top Bottom