• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Illegal illegal and that is illegal..

pretty simple. remove brace. go about life with your pistols. or pay $200 and have an SBR.

will have to wait and see how long it takes to get thru the courts but I think they (BATFE) will find out the hard way it's not easy to outlaw something without proper authority (i.e. congress will have to pass something to make it illegal).

Personally I love when companies exploit so called loopholes. Stupid laws shouldn't be taken seriously, and the brace manufacturers did make bank providing the market with something they obviously wanted judging by the mass numbers of braced pistols sold.

You sound kinda bitter about the whole thing which is odd.
If the brace hadn't become so popular, would we even have a leg to stand on during times like these? lol

You can archive this and taunt me with it in the years to come, but the more general problem here is that the ATF are now regulating accessories.

• First it was bump stocks. "Because they let a person fire as quickly as if the gun was an automatic"
  • Now it's braces, but really, it's any kind of device that allows a person to shoot an inherently less accurate firearm with greater accuracy.
  • There's this ongoing effort to outlaw magazines that hold more than an arbitrarily small ammuntion capacity "Because they let a person fire many rounds without the inconvenience and inefficiency of needing to reload"
How long do you think it will be before an accessory like a red dot optic with a 2MOA or smaller dot is given this treatment because using one "permits a person to fire a gun too precisely"?

I was going to suggest slings, but I don't want to give them ideas.

We need either legislation that banishes this kind of vexatious regulation by the ATF or its complete and utter abolition along with every other agency that currently enjoys Chevron deference.

I know a guy who thought he was smart and had a good excuse for his NFA violation. His lawyer even made him feel better about it. The judge gave him eight years in federal prison. 2 cents
I hope he gets ass pounded every day of the rest of his life. shouldn't have gotten caught.

Back
Top Bottom