I want to build a cheap AR

You can build a really high quality AR for cheaper than you can buy it. Question. Why would you pay 15-2000.00 for a great AR when you can build the same thing for 1000.00

Likely at that point you are going to be paying for a name, or you are buying a complete rifle knowing that down the road you are likely going to be selling it. Parts kit rifles don't sell as well as rifles that are complete factory builds because factory builds are still under warranty and for some people that means something, also factory rifles are a lot easier to find out what is in them and that also makes people feel better, finally at the $1,500-2,000 mark you also get into the fully custom or precision shops and at that point its a whole other animal to what you are buying parts for and putting together in your garage. The other side is that you have to take the other guys word that what is in the rifle is what is in the rifle. For me it always comes down to shopping around, doing your homework and buying what you need.

As far as building a rifle, I err on the side of using quality parts. That said, like it as already been mentioned, a lower is generally just a lower and doesn't make a lot of difference to me, its the upper and internals that I will usually pay more attention to, no name, oddball brand upper will usually make to turn away from it. As will a $100 in NCstar junk claiming to make it a tactical rifle.

Despite what many people say Ar's are actually Very easy to build. There's not much to them..I have built quite a few some for me some for friends, there not bad at all.....Now on the whole part of why would some one buy a 1k+ Ar?

simple qualit and a name. I have had a good many ar's and shot many more. But I HAVE NEVER seen a cheaper parts rifle even come close to the shootability of say a Colt, LWRC, Daniel Defense etc....

Its like the difference in a RIA or LLama and a Colt or Wilson Combat 1911

Or say A S&W Sigma and a Glock

Yes they both get the job done, but if you dont enjoy it wheres the fun in it?

Despite what many people say Ar's are actually Very easy to build. There's not much to them..I have built quite a few some for me some for friends, there not bad at all.....Now on the whole part of why would some one buy a 1k+ Ar?

simple qualit and a name. I have had a good many ar's and shot many more. But I HAVE NEVER seen a cheaper parts rifle even come close to the shootability of say a Colt, LWRC, Daniel Defense etc....

Its like the difference in a RIA or LLama and a Colt or Wilson Combat 1911

Or say A S&W Sigma and a Glock

Yes they both get the job done, but if you dont enjoy it wheres the fun in it?

What does "shootability" mean? Accuracy? Reliability?

What does "shootability" mean? Accuracy? Reliability?

Yeah I guess that was the wrong word to use.....

I don't know how to describe it.....in some instances reliability and accuracy, but some cheap home builds are just as good......

Basically I guess with me it's just more of a feeling of quality....they just feel and shoot better to me....

But that is my opinion and others may not agree with it.....I honestly thought all AR's were the same and you were just paying more for a name, but after buying my colt, and shooting other top tier rifles I can say that their is a world of difference to me in a bargain bin S&W ar and a colt, dd, LWRC etc.

Back
Top Bottom