I want to build a cheap AR

THIS!!! they are on sale RIGHT NOW!!!

http://www.del-ton.com/AR_15_Rifle_Kits_16_s/57.htm

use code BLACKRIFLE11 for 15% OFF!!! then just get your favorite lower or your cheapest lower. my fav lower are the Spikes PUNISHER lowers:target:

I always point people in the direction of del-ton..rifle kits for $465 and if you find one of those stripped lowers for $50 you've got a decent rifle for <$600

Last edited:
hey shelby, where did you order ur parts?

$49.95 stripped lower from PSA
$89.99 for a classic lower build kit from PSA (in seperate order)
$335 complete upper from JSE Surplus
$24 carrying handle from Amazon

total=$498.94 for a complete basic patrol carbine

now add some shipping costs in there and it comes to a bit more, but does not exceed $550

Well I have hit the point where I am itching for an AR. I think I want to build one though and learn about it as I go. I was reading on here in another part about $50 lowers or something and I assume that's for an AR. I don't want something that is a piece of crap but I don't need it to end up being a $1000 rifle. I have shot a lot of AR's and can field strip them, but I don't know anything when it comes to buying one. What are some options or a good starter list for parts? I guess I would have to build it in .223, (I would love .308 but i'll save that one for on down the road) but I also like how cheap 5.45 is right now. Thanks!

You can build a really high quality AR for cheaper than you can buy it. Question. Why would you pay 15-2000.00 for a great AR when you can build the same thing for 1000.00

$49.95 stripped lower from PSA
$89.99 for a classic lower build kit from PSA (in seperate order)
$335 complete upper from JSE Surplus
$24 carrying handle from Amazon

total=$498.94 for a complete basic patrol carbine

now add some shipping costs in there and it comes to a bit more, but does not exceed $550

thanks man! how bout assembly, tools or is it no big deal

thanks man! how bout assembly, tools or is it no big deal

if you go to ar15.com they have a step by step tutorial on how to assemble your stripped lower with the lower parts kit you bought. otherwise, if you dont plan on making it tacticool then no you dont really need any tools. but if you think you may be getting into ar's for a while itd be a worthwhile investment to buy a spanner wrench, punches and some other basic tools if you dont know anyone that has them.

if you go to ar15.com they have a step by step tutorial on how to assemble your stripped lower with the lower parts kit you bought. otherwise, if you dont plan on making it tacticool then no you dont really need any tools. but if you think you may be getting into ar's for a while itd be a worthwhile investment to buy a spanner wrench, punches and some other basic tools if you dont know anyone that has them.
this

for me, I have always found it easier just to purchase a complete upper. A lower I can put together with basic tools and the thread over on ar15.com helps a lot as it has detailed close up pictures to go off of

Back
Top Bottom