I miss the 70's.

Being "run out" of the house after breakfast,( with a sandwich for lunch) with Mom yelling over your shoulder to be home before dark.....
Heck we spent all day fishing, riding our bikes(on the streets), and going to the corner store by ourselves(gasp).... Great summers! Camping out in the backyard.... Week long stays at the lake....
It's all different now. Kids don't go outside to play anymore.

And nobody cared if you used their yard as a short cut to get to where you were headed, AND you knew better than to mess with any of their stuff. It was just an understanding that you were passing through.

I'm hanging on to the 70s with this vintage Kenwood receiver. It's hooked up to 2 ( no not 4 and not 5) Technics speakers. It still kicks ass and rattles the garage when I'm out there. And if any of yall need the early 70s Camaro emblem just let me know. I think it's the one that goes between the tail lights. But I could be wrong.
Kenwood.jpg

All those woods we
Played in had been replaced by subdivisions.
Man I just hate that.
There are 2 or 3 examples close by here where developers went in and put up the fancy entry ways with the subdivision names on the bricks and that's as far as they got. It's frustrating because they took out most of the trees and wooded areas to build a subdivision and then didn't build it. But you can easily tell it was between 07 and 08 when the market tanked and all the easy financing imploded.

By the way if any of yall have old receivers you don't want please let me know. I have always wanted a Marantz. But just look on ebay at what they go for. There is a market for these old receivers. And even the old Radio Shack/Realistic units were built well and bring good money.

By the way if any of yall have old receivers you don't want please let me know. I have always wanted a Marantz. But just look on ebay at what they go for. There is a market for these old receivers. And even the old Radio Shack/Realistic units were built well and bring good money.
You can't have my Nikko. I wish I knew how to fix old cassette decks. I've got a B.I.C. 2 speed deck (T-2) I'd like to get fixed (belts drag causing wow & flutter) and a not so old dual deck Sony (that I assume must needs belts replaced). :(

I'm hanging on to the 70s with this vintage Kenwood receiver. It's hooked up to 2 ( no not 4 and not 5) Technics speakers. It still kicks ass and rattles the garage when I'm out there. And if any of yall need the early 70s Camaro emblem just let me know. I think it's the one that goes between the tail lights. But I could be wrong.View attachment 587515

Spin the tuner knob once And the needle glides to the other side.
Love those old stereos.... Pumped out some serious Ronnie James Dio, Zep, Floyd, Yes, Molly Hatchet. Allman Bro's etc.
My oldest Bro was a drummer and always had bands jamming in the basement.
One summer our house hosted three different graduation parties with my brothers band cranking the live music.
Awesome muscle cars, bell bottoms, long hair and hot chicks inspired my evil little mind.
One day while my bros band got done jamming one sat night he told them I played guitar too.
I was about 9 years old and was kinda shy so I refused.
They all begged me to play something and I still refused.
So this extremely hot brunette with long straight hair and even longer legs said she would give me a kiss if I played something.
Everyone started jeering aaahhh... Ahhhh you gotta do it now Johnny.... There was no backing out now.
So the lead guitarist ( her boyfriend) hands me this massive, to me, Les Paul and sets it on my lap, makes a few adjustment on the peavey amp to tame down the tone.
So I play the hardest song I've ever worked on and let's say I was nervous but it sounded pretty good.
I seriously can't remember what song it was but it had to be only three chords and was not smoke on the water .
So when I finished everyone cheered and then came the oooohhhsss and ooooosss as the most insatiable female I've ever seen stood up straight, adjusted her daisy dukes, pulled her hair back, crouched down, put her hands on my knees, puckered up........ You think buck fever is bad ..... My heart almost punched me in the face..... She laid one on me for about five good seconds with the loudest release whop you ever heard.
I got dizzy and fell backwards off of my milk crate I was sitting on.
EVeryone laughed their asses off and made your typical oohs and ahhs and silly comments.

Needless to say I fell in love with the guitar players girlfriend and boy did she tease the hell out of me every time she came over.... So not fair.

Spin the tuner knob once And the needle glides to the other side.
Love those old stereos.... Pumped out some serious Ronnie James Dio, Zep, Floyd, Yes, Molly Hatchet. Allman Bro's etc.
My oldest Bro was a drummer and always had bands jamming in the basement.
One summer our house hosted three different graduation parties with my brothers band cranking the live music.
Awesome muscle cars, bell bottoms, long hair and hot chicks inspired my evil little mind.
One day while my bros band got done jamming one sat night he told them I played guitar too.
I was about 9 years old and was kinda shy so I refused.
They all begged me to play something and I still refused.
So this extremely hot brunette with long straight hair and even longer legs said she would give me a kiss if I played something.
Everyone started jeering aaahhh... Ahhhh you gotta do it now Johnny.... There was no backing out now.
So the lead guitarist ( her boyfriend) hands me this massive, to me, Les Paul and sets it on my lap, makes a few adjustment on the peavey amp to tame down the tone.
So I play the hardest song I've ever worked on and let's say I was nervous but it sounded pretty good.
I seriously can't remember what song it was but it had to be only three chords and was not smoke on the water .
So when I finished everyone cheered and then came the oooohhhsss and ooooosss as the most insatiable female I've ever seen stood up straight, adjusted her daisy dukes, pulled her hair back, crouched down, put her hands on my knees, puckered up........ You think buck fever is bad ..... My heart almost punched me in the face..... She laid one on me for about five good seconds with the loudest release whop you ever heard.
I got dizzy and fell backwards off of my milk crate I was sitting on.
EVeryone laughed their asses off and made your typical oohs and ahhs and silly comments.

Needless to say I fell in love with the guitar players girlfriend and boy did she tease the hell out of me every time she came over.... So not fair.
Yeah a Les Paul weighs almost as much as an old Beetle. I had one or two guitars and one bass and never did learn to play. I have a documentary DVD about Lemmy from Motorhead. He's close to 70 now and still going. Anyway, he said in the movie that when the Beetles broke through and he saw how crazy girls got about them he said" That's the gig for me!" So he got a guitar and sat in front of the school with it and it worked on the chicks like a magnet. Then he said "But eventually they expect you to play something." More than once he told people that he played in bands for the chicks. The music and money was just a perk.

Back
Top Bottom