• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have 10.000 to invest

I do a little day trading and swing trading typically making a decent return way better than stashing cash for years in anything. Download Webull app and do some paper trading learn the charts while not risking any actual money.

I would follow the advice from others to stay out until after the election regardless of what you choose to do as the market volatility is very high but go ahead and paper trade. Take your best picks and see what would happen without any real risk if it makes you emotional at all good or bad find something else to invest in. Trading for profit short term takes being methodical and acting without emotion otherwise you’ll end up like most and blow up your account

Best investment in today's uncertain and turbulent environment is:
COKE & HOOKERS™.

Hard work and perseverance can pay off tomorrow; but that's assuming that there is one
COKE & HOOKERS™ pays off today.

:tongue:

Boeing or look at Hydrogen Fuel cell companies like Plug Power. I've been playing around with Robinhood ... it's a app where you can buy/sell stocks on the market yourself. It's kinda fun. I'm up $1K on an initial $2K I put in a couple months ago just to play around with it.

Boeing is a strong call. Their current valuation represents the value of their defense business alone. So if you buy Boeing now you get the commercial airline business for free. Their commercial airline business is currently not worth much, but the max will get approved and airlines will start buying jets again. Airlines will have to buy new more fuel efficient jets to recover from this pandemic. No matter who wins the election, both parties know we need Boeing strong and successful.

For and ODT thread there is a lot of solid advice here.

For too many years of my adult life, I did not know how to manage my finances. I have learned the hard way, and learned a little too late but I am trying to make up for lost time.

The stock market can be an incredible source of wealth accumulation but its not over night. It takes many years.

1) Pay down debt
2) Save an emergency fund
3) Invest first in low cost index funds..its hard to beat a cheap S&P 500 fund
4) Diversify over time- diversity is good investing sense
5) Gold is not a great investment but it is a decent hedge against turbulent times
6) After you have a significant amount in index funds, buy individual stocks. It can be really fun and personally and financially rewarding. Do your homework, study and understand what you are buying and why.
7) These are really unprecedented times, Congress, both Presidential candidates and the fed are all hell-bent on flooding the market with liquidity. Over time this money will continue to drift into the stock market and real estate driving prices up. Investing is the only way to outrun the inflation that is coming.

Boeing is a strong call. Their current valuation represents the value of their defense business alone. So if you buy Boeing now you get the commercial airline business for free. Their commercial airline business is currently not worth much, but the max will get approved and airlines will start buying jets again. Airlines will have to buy new more fuel efficient jets to recover from this pandemic. No matter who wins the election, both parties know we need Boeing strong and successful.

That's some good advice.

If your going to invest money you care about, only invest in things you truly know. It's been almost a month now. It would be interesting to know if the OP has decided anything.

Back
Top Bottom