• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I guess I'm looking for a puppy for the kids

Edog makes a great point! Most idiots can barely keep a roof over their head and food on the table for their family, why in the hell compound your problems and involve a pet into the situation. Any pet is dependent on their human. Good luck in your search!

Check out Fur Kids. The have a lot of rescues available. Some dogs are totally free because they are "sponsored" by donors.

https://furkids.org/#

I believe they relocated their Doraville location to Cumming.
We have fostered dogs and puppies for them for the past 6 years. Their shelter is right off Union Hill Rd in Cumming and has been as long as we've been working with them.

https://furkids.org/dog-adoptions/

On a side note I've been around 5-6 different Golden Doodles and have yet to meet one that wasn't a hyperactive spaz

Sorry I was negative last night but those are the downsides. The good part is that any decent dog will be a great companion. Lots of dog breeds will protect your child to the death and alert you to any presence of danger around the house. I would suggest a well bred German Shepard or Standard Schnauzer with lots of training from @Bear44. A dog trained like that can be a tool and weapon if needed. It would be expensive. But you could have a highly trained sentry for 10+ years.

On a side note I've been around 5-6 different Golden Doodles and have yet to meet one that wasn't a hyperactive spaz
GF has one that's about a year old. I'm convinced the dog has a stash of meth somewhere we can't find. Never seen a dog so wound up. Ever.

I don't mean to 'pile on' but go by the pound and see what they have to offer. We took my niece to "play with kittens" and once there were shown this little 6 month old rag-a-muffin. No way was I leaving her there once I saw her, LOL! The animal control officer that showed me "Trixie" must have known a sucker when he saw one.
Trixie in Den.jpg

Back
Top Bottom