• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I guess I'm looking for a puppy for the kids

Has anyone mentioned the Humane Society/ Shelter/ rescue route??? JK

Recently had to put down our 16.5 YO Humane society mutt. Greatest Dog. When things have adequately scabbed over, we will head there.

Oh, and also the dog will pick you. You don't have to worry about that. My parents last dog came and stood on my Dad's foot and looked him right in the eye. Ours crapped on the cat scratching post in the H.S. office. It was love at first squat....;)

Got our first pup about 10 years ago, he has been a great companion, and he was a rescue.

One thing to consider, our dog is a long hair, needs a haircut every 6-8 weeks and its about $110 a pop. That's about $7500 in grooming during the time we have had him.
A short hair would have been cheaper in the long run. Next dog will be a short-hair,
beagle or similar.

Got our first pup about 10 years ago, he has been a great companion, and he was a rescue.

One thing to consider, our dog is a long hair, needs a haircut every 6-8 weeks and its about $110 a pop. That's about $7500 in grooming during the time we have had him.
A short hair would have been cheaper in the long run. Next dog will be a short-hair,
beagle or similar.
Get a pair of clippers bud

I am also for it. Atlanta has/or in the top kill states for animals! I would also recommend looking on Craigslist for a freebie....here's my baby of 11 years from somebody who moved into an apartment that doesn't allow pets. Who does that sh*t!

Minni.jpg

Be prepared to clean up dog **** and take care of the mutt yourself. Kids never take care of pets. I know people love dogs and I get it. But unless it hunts something a dog is another mouth to feed and generally a pain in the ass. Not to mention pissing everywhere, vet bills, chewing up stuff, and barking. If you get a shelter dog just don't pick a yellow eyed mongrel dog or some over line bred retard pitbull.

I'm guessing your wife was opposed to it because she figures she'll end up taking care of it rather an the kids, something to consider

Be prepared to clean up dog **** and take care of the mutt yourself. Kids never take care of pets. I know people love dogs and I get it. But unless it hunts something a dog is another mouth to feed and generally a pain in the ass. Not to mention pissing everywhere, vet bills, chewing up stuff, and barking. If you get a shelter dog just don't pick a yellow eyed mongrel dog or some over line bred retard pitbull.
We definitely know that a pet for the kids will be my responsibility

Here's a great organization that my Wife works with:
https://www.dirtroaddoggiesrescue.org/adopt-me-adoption-application

She also works with another that builds fences/pens for dogs that are chained so they can have a better life:
https://www.offthechainga.org/

Both of these are North East GA in the Braselton area. They can do some travel and are small organizations so have limited resources for fostering dogs and can always use help especially if you are willing to foster. Frank75 and I working via PM to see if we can get a dog for him or if I can find another org to help out as well.

Back
Top Bottom