• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I guess I'm looking for a puppy for the kids

Attachments

• KIMG0454.jpeg
    KIMG0454.jpeg
    35 KB · Views: 18
The Pound in Macon is full of mix-pits that were "owned" by dumbasses that can't even take care of their own children, much less a dog.
Scroll through these three pages and see if you notice any commonalities. https://www.petfinder.com/search/dogs-for-adoption/?shelter_id[0]=GA357&sort[0]=recently_added
Poor old girl on the last page looks like she was a bait dog. :mad:

And would somebody PLEASE adopt this dude. https://www.petfinder.com/dog/pen-2...nett-county-animal-control-and-welfare-ga357/

Man I failed to research how much it costs to have one trained now. Last time I sent one to be trained it was 400.00 dropped him off and picked him up two weeks later. It's triple that or more now I didn't anticipate that!

I am so sorry to hear this and sorry for the loss of your cat. Sometimes there are issues and all animals can be unpredictable. I've worked with aggressive dogs and done rehabilitation to get them back to being a normal dog. Unfortunately, it doesn't always work out as planned. I wish things had turned out better.

That's the thing, he's not aggressive at all. But he sees a cat and locks on and that's all he focuses on. In talking to people they say that's not the Pitt in him, its the Shar Pei... They are known for that, going after cats. It's instinctive on a DNA level.

Had we gotten him as a pup and raised him alongside cats, I am sure he would just see them as pack mates... But I still have two cats left, on indoors and one outdoors, and it isn't fair to them... I am supposed to keep them safe, and I can't have a dog that sees them as prey.

But the dog is so damned lovable and great with kids and people and even other dogs... He's a big baby in every other regard. Even when my other dogs growl and snap at him, he just backs down and doesn't get aggressive.

If anyone doesn't have cats or small dogs and wants to give Louie a good home, I will bring him to you. He just got all his shots, got checked out, is heartworm negative and on the right medication... I hate to get rid of him, we have already bonded, but I can't be worrying about him chomping down on another cat.

OP, I'm late to the party, but Shelter/adoption all the way. I have two rescue dogs and they are the best dogs I've ever had!! Saved both of them from Euthanasia; one six years ago; the other about three years ago.

Gonna take Louie over to Forsythe Humane Society and talk to them, have them do an assessment on him and give me their thoughts... Maybe there is training we can pay for or things that they recommend that we can address this.

He's climbing all over me as I am typing, just being chill and affectionate, so I don't really want to rehome him... But if someone were to offer to give him a good home, I would much prefer that than a shelter, even if it is a no kill shelter...

Back
Top Bottom