• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I bet this was a big slap in the face to Glock...

Government contracts involves bidding, no one person is really involved.

very very true statement...known fact actually. There is no "one" sales rep. that speaks directly to agencies. It is all about $$$, quantity, and contracts. Johns Creek and Sandy Springs are actually...literally....poster children for Glock. Been in many ads and articles. After speaking with our senior instructor/armorer in our area he stated that agencies only stick to contacts and that LEO's do not get to pick their own weapon but the weapon the agency provides. Fortunately we are Glock and not switching anytime soon...except for our CO's who use ..38 S&W revolvers.

Fortunately we are Glock and not switching anytime soon...except for our CO's who use ..38 S&W revolvers.

Is it because of the typical reasons some gov. agency employees carry revolvers? Because they aren't proficient enough to qualify the 48 shots kneeling/standing/from the hip with a semi-auto.

Is it because of the typical reasons some gov. agency employees carry revolvers? Because they aren't proficient enough to qualify the 48 shots kneeling/standing/from the hip with a semi-auto.

But probably because the the GDC CO's only carry on escape call, perimeter checks, and disaster relief calls and aren't even issued the weapons.

On the Probation side of Corrections we carry 23's and 27's(ankle). And we have to qualify and requal with using the 30 Round BLETC course (typical LEO qualification course for most)

There's more to the story that he's not telling.

Oh I'm sure I know for a fact though that they did fire him. And as far as Douglas County Sheriff's Office I held a family members Sig she uses and she has the dehorned DAK 229 and I HATE IT!! Sorry. I'll take a regular 229 anyday or a 226 but not her dehorned DAK. City uses 3rd Gen 22's after shooting my Gen 4 I like the Gen 4 ALOT better. But I will still stick with my Gen 3 23 unless someone wants to trade for a 4th? Lol. Personally if I had to pick a weapon to carry on duty it would be a Kimber SIS.

Last edited:
Atlanta police use M&P pistols.

Not all...

Yeah, I am pretty sure that all APD uniformed officers carry M&Ps. Not sure if the detectives get a choice, but every one I have talked to carry S&Ws as well as that is who their departments contract is with.

Dekalb Co. detectives carry Glocks still.

But probably because the the GDC CO's only carry on escape call, perimeter checks, and disaster relief calls and aren't even issued the weapons.

On the Probation side of Corrections we carry 23's and 27's(ankle). And we have to qualify and requal with using the 30 Round BLETC course (typical LEO qualification course for most)

You are not entirely correct in your statements. While the primary weapon is the Mod. 64, there are many within the department that have transitioned to the G23 and carry it. I suspect the biggest reasons that GDC are holding back on a full conversion is money. The Department of Corrections at the state level is suffering, and it show when you start comparing the salaries of state employees to there equivalents on the county level.

As for the gentlemen that suggested that it might have something to do with Marksmanship...... obviously..... you have never went to "any" department's qualification.

All the ones I saw in the ATL Airport recently were carrying M&P's...like the actual APD, not the "security"....Took me a second to realize what they were.

Back
Top Bottom