• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I bet this was a big slap in the face to Glock...

Wow as much as I'm at GPSTC and work with other agencies I haven't seen an m and p. I know we aren't leaving Glock. And my brother in law with APD carries Glock. And no not all LEO's get to carry whatever. That's why they are called issued weapons.

APD has been carrying S&W for over 10 years, they aren't gonna change any time soon. Every uniform and training officer carries a M&P 40 LEO with mag safety and night sights. They even have the M&P simunition guns in the academy. When I was at the recruitment even the background investigators were all wearing M&P's in all different holsters from cheap leather to sadly fobus tactical with a TLR. The head hancho there was carring a S&W J frame.

And all the other police you are seeing in the area are most likely APD either off duty or working an (88) extra job.

APD will only let you carry S&W, even since they now allow patrol rifles which they have to wait till re-qualification to get and have to purchase their own which they can't use optics on. Even it has to be S&W, they're back up gun also is either required or suggested to be S&W be it a compact M&P 40 or a S&W revolver.

Last edited:
It's all about salesmanship. Especially with tighter budgets, departments want more for their buck. Usually, the ones writing the checks ain't the firearm instructors.
Not slamming either brand, but I prefer something that's been out of R&D for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom