• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I bet this was a big slap in the face to Glock...

DaveTheMinion

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
94   1
Reaction score
So, I've been noticing a suprising trend around most of the leos I've encountered in Georgia..Most of them have been carrying the M and P series Pistols. I've spoken with a few i've seen just to make idle chit chat and many of them swear that they're a lot more accurate and qualify better with them, but it also got me thinking. How in the hell did smith and wesson M and P replace Glock as the Georgia issued sidearm when Glock Headquarters is located right here in Georgia..Most departments offer glock armorer courses and anything a Certified armorer can't fix the shop in Smyrna can, so I'm trying to figure out what was the benefit of giving Glock the boot???:confused:

I'm mostly around Cobb, Marietta, Cherokee, etc LEOs and I've yet to see anything other than GLOCK. In what areas are you seeing M&Ps?

Heh I've beeing waiting for this. They lost one of their big go to guys who brings Glock the LE contracts, last year he brought in 30 million dollars for Glock just from the LE Depts.. Well little did he know that glock gave him the boot and now he works for Smith and Wesson.

must be fayetteville. haven't seen that trend here. most officers can choose other sidearms. i know some carry 1911's. some carry sigs. some m&p's. all good pistols.

Heh I've beeing waiting for this. They lost one of their big go to guys who brings Glock the LE contracts, last year he brought in 30 million dollars for Glock just from the LE Depts.. Well little did he know that glock gave him the boot and now he works for Smith and Wesson.

best revenge ever!

All else equal, a government office will generally buy whatever is cheapest. They publish specs (which nearly every pistol will meet) and then select on price and service factors. Having a great "salesman" will certainly help a company make inroads. Been an accountant most of my life and I've been involved in a lot of contract negotiations...

All over the atlanta area, fayetteville to some spots in gwinett, braves games, egleston childrens hospitals, walmarts, state parks etc...

Wait, are you SERIOUS? The glock negotiator that brought in big $$ for glock is actually Smith and Wessons Negotiator? Bet glocks even more pissed.

Wow as much as I'm at GPSTC and work with other agencies I haven't seen an m and p. I know we aren't leaving Glock. And my brother in law with APD carries Glock. And no not all LEO's get to carry whatever. That's why they are called issued weapons.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom