• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hunting season is almost over and my 300 BLK is going to be updated. Need some help....

4.5" 5.56 barrel under a 10" junk ass amazon rail. Chris and I probably shot 30 rounds through it. It did fine. Not sure how it would have held up to prolonged use or adding a muzzle brake.
Where did you place your support hand while firing?

I wouldn't recommend it solely due to safety concerns. You'd have to be hyper aware of hand placement at all times. Plus, the blast, hot gasses, etc would eventually start to eat away at the aluminum. And you're going to have a gun covered in burnt powder. If you used any type of brake, it would blow the rail apart sooner or later. Probably sooner.

Where did you place your support hand while firing?

I wouldn't recommend it solely due to safety concerns. You'd have to be hyper aware of hand placement at all times. Plus, the blast, hot gasses, etc would eventually start to eat away at the aluminum. And you're going to have a gun covered in burnt powder. If you used any type of brake, it would blow the rail apart sooner or later. Probably sooner.

[video=youtube_share;fix2cKFq4oo]http://youtu.be/fix2cKFq4oo[/video]

Here it is with a 5.5" flash hider on it to get the blast out from under the rail. Straight pull bolt action mag dump FTW

[video=youtube_share;GoqnnE_rTuY]http://youtu.be/GoqnnE_rTuY?list=UUOWMgdGqeK3i1ZZVLqz5MDQ[/video]

[video=youtube_share;fix2cKFq4oo]http://youtu.be/fix2cKFq4oo[/video]
Someone gets dressed up awfully nice for a day at the range! And yeah, that demonstrates pretty well why having the muzzle recessed under the rail can be a problem. It's just instinctual to grab the rail in a certain spot. If someone was going to do it, they better have a good handstop position to ensure they didn't blow their fingers off.

But in your case, I can see the entertainment value of trying just for grins. That's the one you cut down for a 22 conversion, right?

I'm just pissed because the 15" rail I need to hide the gasblock on my DMR build is OOS everywhere. And where it is in stock it is about $50 more expensive than average

Anyone seen a 15.5" Odin works Kmod?
I have one. Primary arms had them on sale for $129 two weeks ago.

Got questions?

My ghetto dremel job on my Bar rail so I can tighten the Specwar locking collar. The Trifecta mount port recesses about 1/4" to 3/8" under the rail but I've seen no ill effects unsuppressed except for a dirty rail. I still wish the rail was longer.

Someone gets dressed up awfully nice for a day at the range! And yeah, that demonstrates pretty well why having the muzzle recessed under the rail can be a problem. It's just instinctual to grab the rail in a certain spot. If someone was going to do it, they better have a good handstop position to ensure they didn't blow their fingers off.

But in your case, I can see the entertainment value of trying just for grins. That's the one you cut down for a 22 conversion, right?

Yes sir. No gas system hence the straight pull bolt action.

As far as his attire, it was 17 degrees when we got to the range that morning.

If I'm not in a collared shirt then I'm naked.

Back
Top Bottom