• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How many is too many?

Talos

Default rank <3500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Hew many foe-men.
66   0
Reaction score
It's joked that you can never have too many firearms or too much ammo. But I'm at the point where some don't see the light of day except for yearly cleaning which is an all day chore. Some guns are needing upgrades or sighting in. Sometimes I worry about the weight on the floor boards from all the ammo. I've had to move it all a few times and that is a workout lol. I have to talk myself out of getting guns in new calibers and to pay attention to ones I have that I want to make changes to.

You know, first world single male problems.

From a "human" perspective, I’d agree with the saying of "one can never have enough guns or ammo"…. my safe is full to overflowing and I’m trying to pare back some of it…. but the question in your post puts me in mind of a story in the New Testament we could probably all learn something from….(especially me)

“So Jesus told them this story: A rich man's farm produced a big crop, and he said to himself, “What can I do? I don't have a place large enough to store everything.” Later, he said, “Now I know what I'll do. I'll tear down my barns and build bigger ones, where I can store all my grain and other goods. Then I'll say to myself, ‘You have stored up enough good things to last for years to come. Live it up! Eat, drink, and enjoy yourself.’ ” But God said to him, “You fool! Tonight you will die. Then who will get what you have stored up?” “This is what happens to people who store up everything for themselves, but are poor in the sight of God.” ‭‭Luke‬ ‭12‬:‭16‬-‭21‬

Now, I’m gonna have to go post yet another gun for sale….

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think a lot of people find themselves thinking "I have too much crap" and that can include gun stuff.
As I stare down the barrel of my parents leaving this Earth and see how much stuff I am going to have to wade through and ultimately dispose of, I have become acutely aware of thinning out my own possesions so that my girls won't have to. The ultimate plan is to rent out the house and travel full time. Already starting to thin out things, to include "gun stuff."

I have gotten to the point where I’m about to start liquidating stuff. I don’t have very much, but I don’t feel like I need much anymore. A few good long guns, a home defense shotgun, decent capacity handgun with multiple mags for home, compact to carry and a few plinking/learning weapons for fun and young son. That may actually sound like too much lol.

As I stare down the barrel of my parents leaving this Earth and see how much stuff I am going to have to wade through and ultimately dispose of, I have become acutely aware of thinning out my own possesions so that my girls won't have to. The ultimate plan is to rent out the house and travel full time. Already starting to thin out things, to include "gun stuff."
My father would try to cajole visitors to take things with them when they left from a visit. He got me to take a computer printer I didn't want. This was a couple years ago. It wasn't supported past Windows 95. I thought, of all the things to hang onto, why this? Probably a very roundabout way to save a trip to the garbage dump 20 years ago. I could give so many examples but the point is that it's odd what people wait to get rid of.

Back
Top Bottom