• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How do you cook your venison tenderloins?

get a gallon zip lock bag, place you favorite marinades inside ( I like Italian) with the tenderloin. Seal the bag like 98% and put a straw in it..suck all the air out until the bag is literally sqeezing the tenderloin. That makes the tenderloin absorb the marinade. If you have a vacuum sealer it works twice as good. Turns out tender every time, make some potatoes and collard/turnip greens with bacon in it on the side. Thats just how I do it.

Here is what i like to do. Dales, potatoes, carrots, onions, celery and some olive oil. Wrap it all up in foil and place on a warm grill. I dont pay attention ro time or temp, just keep an eye on it. If it starts to get dry, add water.

I've wrapped them in Bacon, Sprinkle a Little Tony Chachere's on and put 'em in the smoker (Brinkman's electric). along with some Deer Sausage and a Boston Butt. 2 1/2 -3 hrs for the Tenderloins and usually 4- 4 1/2 on the BB depending on size. Cut the tenderloins into medalions and serve. MELT IN YO MOUTH.
5-star artery-cloggin goodness :hungry:

I think we should have an Official ODT Tenderloin Cooking Contest. I will volunteer myself to be one of the judges.
great idea. and i'll nominate petro_58

Last edited:
Slice in 3/4 inch thick slices. Cover a cutting board in saranwrap. then lay out 6 at a time on the wrap, cover with more wrap and pound thin with a meat hammer. dredge in seasoned flour, then an egg/milk wash, then flour again. Pan fry in veggie or peanut oil. NEVER any leftovers with my family!

Slice in 3/4 inch thick slices. Cover a cutting board in saranwrap. then lay out 6 at a time on the wrap, cover with more wrap and pound thin with a meat hammer. dredge in seasoned flour, then an egg/milk wash, then flour again. Pan fry in veggie or peanut oil. NEVER any leftovers with my family!

This is how I do them for my kids - they sit there like dogs beggin at the table while they are going....

Back
Top Bottom