• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How do you cook your venison tenderloins?

scandmx5

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
Banned Permanently
30   0
Reaction score
I'm helping chiefsquirrel with his recipe section idea here.

Seriously, I've always just marinated them with Dale's and been done with it. Eat them w/ potatos and a salad.
How about everyone else? I wanna cook some up tomorrow and want to try something different. Let's hear 'em!

Garlic and butter in the frying pan. Preferably cast iron.

And usually within an hour or so of killing the deer.

I've wrapped them in Bacon, Sprinkle a Little Tony Chachere's on and put 'em in the smoker (Brinkman's electric). along with some Deer Sausage and a Boston Butt. 2 1/2 -3 hrs for the Tenderloins and usually 4- 4 1/2 on the BB depending on size. Cut the tenderloins into medalions and serve. MELT IN YO MOUTH.

I've wrapped them in Bacon, Sprinkle a Little Tony Chachere's on and put 'em in the smoker (Brinkman's electric). along with some Deer Sausage and a Boston Butt. 2 1/2 -3 hrs for the Tenderloins and usually 4- 4 1/2 on the BB depending on size.
Bacon and Tony Chachere's huh? We could get along! :lol: I don't have a smoker though, however your recipe sounds like a winner!

Marinate them in your favorite marinade. Place them on grill to quick sear both sides. Remove from grill, wrap in foil with onion, few peppers of your choice, bacon and your favorite seasoning. Place back on coals. When cooked to your liking, enjoy with what other vegetables you prefer (I usually have a steamed vegetable or two with mine).

Bacon and Tony Chachere's huh? We could get along! :lol: I don't have a smoker though, however your recipe sounds like a winner!

I edited, yea they melt in mouth. I use Tony's on all my Ribs, Boston Butts, Shoulders etc. Just about anything I put on the Smoker. I've had 2 of the Brinkmans this one for 9yrs now. Been using the Electric ones for 20yrs at least can't beat'em. Plug it in and leave it alone maybe add a little more wood after 3 hours.

I edited, yea they melt in mouth. I use Tony's on all my Ribs, Boston Butts, Shoulders etc. Just about anything I put on the Smoker. I've had 2 of the Brinkmans this one for 9yrs now. Been using the Electric ones for 20yrs at least can't beat'em. Plug it in and leave it alone maybe add a little more wood after 3 hours.
Thats got me thinking.... I might do a Tony Chachere's rub on my next batch of jerky.

Back
Top Bottom