• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How come folks dont understand

Wait. So I'm questionable in character since I've bought and sold stuff and used PayPal on stuff that isn't prohibited? Hell, I've bought whole entire firearms from euro optic and similar that utilize paypal as a payment method. I fail to understand this high horse that you've tried to prop up.

If you don't feel comfortable with giving funds to people via electronic pmt methods, that's fine. Your choice.
How am I, or anyone else for that matter, showing questionable character?

An inability to disagree in a civil manner without being insulting is a good start.

If EuroOptics violated their own and PayPal's TOS, that's a risk they take.

Yeah. I have issues with people abusing a complimentary courtesy service just to save a few bucks.

I fail to see how paypal is complimentary courtesy? With F&F the sender pays the fee directly. With G&S the fee comes out of the payment on the sellers side. Paypal gets paid either way and neither is complimentary. I used to not care either way. My deal is trying to avoid the federal government asking where their cut of the sale is when 100% of my sales are sold at a loss anyway. Now I just have to keep my books versus avoiding them.

I fail to see how paypal is complimentary courtesy? With F&F the sender pays the fee directly. With G&S the fee comes out of the payment on the sellers side. Paypal gets paid either way and neither is complimentary. I used to not care either way. My deal is trying to avoid the federal government asking where their cut of the sale is when 99% of my sales are sold at a loss anyway. Now I just have to keep my books versus avoiding them.
You, sir, are defrauding the government and the children!

You, sir, are defrauding the government and the children!
02732DF1-DDA1-4070-B565-1A92E1FE1AAD.jpeg

I fail to see how paypal is complimentary courtesy? With F&F the sender pays the fee directly. With G&S the fee comes out of the payment on the sellers side. Paypal gets paid either way and neither is complimentary. I used to not care either way. My deal is trying to avoid the federal government asking where their cut of the sale is when 99% of my sales are sold at a loss anyway. Now I just have to keep my books versus avoiding them.
There are no fees with F&F unless the payment is funded using a credit card.

People don't read. Sold some stuff on another forum the other day and specifically said I would only take paypal friends and family and not take paypal goods and services due to tax reporting changes. What did the guy do? Sent paypal goods and services. Makes me shy away from shipping also.
people in general are lazy, no so much here on ODT where some in place rules keep most of us in line.... a DAY doesn't go buy on some other nameless PIA site where some Sally Swisharoony will send me a message to the tune of "what is your best price" or my favorite " can you hold it for me until payday" and the classic "i will take your 500lb SPEAKERS that ate as big as a refrigerator but I don't have a car" I run into the stupid, the quasi retarded, and the downright crack head thieves on a multiple times a day basis... that is the cost you don't see in buying and selling...
ODT has been good to me so in turn I'm good to ODT but I have no problem ignoring lazy lowballing trolls. If you can read this... you are not on that list, yet. <):-(

people in general are lazy, no so much here on ODT where some in place rules keep most of us in line.... a DAY doesn't go buy on some other nameless PIA site where some Sally Swisharoony will send me a message to the tune of "what is your best price" or my favorite " can you hold it for me until payday" and the classic "i will take your 500lb SPEAKERS that ate as big as a refrigerator but I don't have a car" I run into the stupid, the quasi retarded, and the downright crack head thieves on a multiple times a day basis... that is the cost you don't see in buying and selling...
ODT has been good to me so in turn I'm good to ODT but I have no problem ignoring lazy lowballing trolls. If you can read this... you are not on that list, yet. <):-(
FB Marketplace, Letgo, etc are cesspools.

My favorite was I was giving away good stuff during our move a few months back. Nice stuff. Could have sold any and all of it if I cared enough. Part of the stipulations was to come to me and pick it up. No delivering. I'll help lad, but I'm not spending time as a delivery service when giving away stuff for free. Inbox explodes. A bunch of idiot in general, but one got extra notice.

"I would love to have fire pit, but I don't have a truck or anything to pick it up in, can you deliver"

No - please see the add, pickup only. I have a lot of other stuff going on and don't have time nor patience to deliver you free stuff. Get a friend, rent a $20 van from Home Depot. I dunno. But you have options.

"I'm only 20 minutes from you. If I gave you a fee, would you deliver?"

Sure. $100.

"You are a thief! You want to charge me $100 to deliver something that is free?!"

Yup. I have zero interest in delivering.

"Go to hell. Ur a c*cksucker! I'm reporting you to FB!"

Annnnd - never again. Things go to the dump now. Thrift stores are too much of a pain in the ass.

Back
Top Bottom