• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How come folks dont understand

Everyone wants free shipping and wants it in 2 days or less. You can blame Amazon for this. I did over $80k of sales on Ebay in 2018 when I was going to garage sales and such and people don't realize they are getting things real cheap and want you to ship things for free. they are just greedy and don't realize what they are asking. I don't ship ammo unless someone is willing to pay me to do it. At most it's no more than $25 to send less than 69lbs worth of ammo with UPS ground. I don't drive far as I drive a truck with a v8 engine and gas mileage is real bad. It cuts into my profit with ammo sales.

I refunded it and it cost me about a dollar to do so.
I don't use Paypal unless I really have to and it's through Ebay. Paypal is evil. I usually contact the buyer and give them my full address (to gain their trust) and tell them to pay through Bitcoin (you can buy on Venmo and Cashapp) so I don't have to deal with taxes. This $700 in payments recived being taxed for onlinle payment services "bill" being passes is stupid and is just going to hurt small business owners.

I typically prefer shipping. My time is valuable. I'm not spending hours in the car to save $100 or to sell something that I'm already taking a loss on. There isn't much out there that is worth me driving hours for and losing time with family/friends or a rare instance where I could actually relax on a couch. Some stuff is a PITA to ship. I get that, but most of the time it is easier, quicker and cheaper.

I typically prefer shipping. My time is valuable. I'm not spending hours in the car to save $100 or to sell something that I'm already taking a loss on. There isn't much out there that is worth me driving hours for and losing time with family/friends or a rare instance where I could actually relax on a couch. Some stuff is a PITA to ship. I get that, but most of the time it is easier, quicker and cheaper.
I normally agree. Post office is right down the street from me and I can be in and out faster than I can waiting on a meet. I just wish people would read. Had another guy send paypal goods and service again this week when I specifically asked him not to do that. Said it didn't ask him which method to send... I give up. I'm taking a loss on that stuff though, guess I just have to keep my paperwork for it.

Back
Top Bottom