• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hormel canned food -- good for prepping

If I am scrounging for food for the wife and kid, I would likely kill in cold blood for a can of chili -- with or without beans & with or without preservatives -- so I have no problem stockpiling the preservative filled chili. And for the record, real chili does/should not have beans!

If I am scrounging for food for the wife and kid, I would likely kill in cold blood for a can of chili -- with or without beans & with or without preservatives -- so I have no problem stockpiling the preservative filled chili. And for the record, real chili does/should not have beans!

If it ain't got beans it is merely a hot dog sauce. Real chili has beans!

For the record, it really just depends on the area of the country you, or your family, are from.
Kinda like lima beans in Brunswick Stew.

Picked up a few cans to try out. Got the White Chicken and the Chipoltle. Also grabbed some Dinty More Hearty Meals. Even is they aren't as resilient as the Hormel they have a 3 year "Best By" window. I'll see if I can find anything out about their longevity.

Update:

Well pierce my ears and call me drafty...Dinty More is a Hormel brand.

Last edited:
Yeah, Hormel makes a lot of brands. They make stagg chilli too. Hormell's website lists lots of brands so I assume their indefinite shelf life thing appllies to all of them.

Picked up a few cans to try out. Got the White Chicken and the Chipoltle. Also grabbed some Dinty More Hearty Meals. Even is they aren't as resilient as the Hormel they have a 3 year "Best By" window. I'll see if I can find anything out about their longevity.

Update:

Well pierce my ears and call me drafty...Dinty More is a Hormel brand.

Back
Top Bottom