• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hormel canned food -- good for prepping

Would you believe that Canada does not allow any "preservatives" in their canned foods?
Growing up in a rural area my parents and grandparents canned everything from beef to gooseberry jelly. I don't ever remember my mother or grandmother adding preservatives.

Are you saying... "you are what you eat?" LOL

One thing I won't eat: Spam! As far as I'm concerned, spam is made up of a little bit of ham (scraps I'm sure) veins, valves, aortas, buttholes, teeth, hair, eyeballs, foreskins, testicles… I could go on and on. There was a point, once, when I was overseas -- we had to eat that s*** three times a day…… for several weeks. NEVER AGAIN! If you had to eat (spam sandwiches) and nothing else, for that long, you wouldn't like it either.

Last edited:
I don't see a problem with any of it, as long as it's not the only thing you are going to eat for the next 3 years straight.
I know I just have to have a can of the Hot Hormel Chili with Beans about once a month.
2 cans, and I could probably hold a group of marauders at bay, without using ammo, for at least 2 or 3 hours!

Back
Top Bottom