• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Holy moly it just hit me. Russia warns of EMP attack.

look man. I have given resources as to why I feelthe way I do about EMP's. You gave yours.
so why all the bs and arguing?

Because you want to label something "bs" and I don't. Or vice versa. This is how disagreements work.

Meantime, JamesG is claiming the Soviet Union's search for scientific truth was grossly misunderstood. Apparently, they never persecuted anyone for disagreeing with the State if that person had scientific evidence backing their position. Trying to dissuade him of that notion.

based on what I have read, I dont think so.

but this is based on silly little articles from people like "the government" and "the military"

dont rely on this one, because if you read closely, it is in regards to pacemakers near a test facility. NOT testing them in the facility.
http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a242990.pdf

but it depends on the type of emp etc. a "super EMP" with a big ole E1 may just nuke the sucker (pardon the pun).

so basically, "no one knows"

Because you want to label something "bs" and I don't. Or vice versa. This is how disagreements work.

Meantime, JamesG is claiming the Soviet Union's search for scientific truth was grossly misunderstood. Apparently, they never persecuted anyone for disagreeing with the State if that person had scientific evidence backing their position. Trying to dissuade him of that notion.

you made your point.
I made mine.
whats left to discuss?

want to hear about the EMP-proof truck build I want to do?

Chernyobl, Lysenkoism, Eugenics, widespread famines due to central planning trumping sound agriculture science, numerous technical disasters in their space and rocket programs, testing biological weapons on their own people, among who knows how many other disasters (because they were experts at suppressing the truth, by violent force if needed).

Are you referring to the USSR or the USA? All of the things you list also occurr(ed) here too.

Are these the obvious signs of a society that considers scientific truth its most cherished value? I think not.

You are... confused.

You do realize you are defending the integrity of one of, if not the most, spectacularly failed, closed political societies in human history?

I am not defending anything, only pointing out that your dismissal of a reference (that didn't support your argument) is invalid and unwise.

Are you referring to the USSR or the USA? All of the things you list also occurr(ed) here too.

Which poor reactor design led to a US nuclear disaster that killed an estimated 1 million people and rendered 1,000 square miles of the United States uninhabitable for the next 600 years?

Sure, the USA does lots of secretive, nasty stuff. Always has, always will. I am no fan of the state. But even less so of one that didn't/doesn't have the kind of constitution like we do.

You are... confused.

About some things, yes. This topic? No.

I am not defending anything, only pointing out that your dismissal of a reference (that didn't support your argument) is invalid and unwise.

Like any evidence, the source must be considered. While there were and will continue to be many fine scientific minds originating from Europe, the simple reality is, during the reign of communist totalitarianism in the USSR, science was soley a product of the state, subject to political control, for political purposes.

ford crew cab, probably 80's or 90's f-250/350 body
like so
www.pirate4x4.com_forum_attachments_vehicles_trailers_sale_705bf9a6579e718c97a69f48daa39f3887f.jpg

cummins 6bt, 12valve mechanical. maybe a 4bt for better mileage but its hard to find good ones cheap.

air compressor that bolts into the timing cover and is gear driven, like so:
i1231.photobucket.com_albums_ee520_sancobg_AirCompressorFitting_zps4021a220.jpg

big ass air tank in/under the bed
CO2 tank for backup
change fuel solenoid to mechanical/manual and attach to a choke lever cable
manual transfer pump
nv4500
air starter
air wiper motor
manual door locks
manual windows
manual xfer case
manual hubs
ox lockers or air lockers
new alternator and led white light bar and IR lights in faraday cage. with new belt
air tools in the toolbox.
dual tanks and/or plumbed in transfer tank.

see the theme?

Because it actually does have electronics in it. You have to really read about EMP's to understand what outcomes MAY be. Truth is, we don't really know.

Some of the most interesting info I have found is from a Russian test. I want to say it was called "Russian test 84" or something like that. Search for "Russian EMP test" and you will likely find it.

Anyways what is quite interesting is that when they did this test (which was detonated a live nuke in an air burst and monitoring the effects) they found lots of components dead or defective.

In fact, they found that ceramic insulators degraded or plain broke. They found electric insulation to be broken down and useless. All kind of crazy issues. They found dielectric coatings on coild broken down and punctured causing short circuits and the components to be toast. They even mention generators that are not connected to any type of wiring. Their alternators were fried.

So basically, if we apply the info in that test, your spark plugs would break or breakdown, your plug wires would be the same.

All those solenoids/motors/actuators like your starter solenoid, relays, starter mother, alternator, alternator/battery wires, door locks, etc etc etc would be useless. Not to mention every single fuse, breaker, and fusible link.

That's if we apply what the Russians found to your car. Again we don't really know for sure.
I think....that maybe you think too much...it will work..I will be making PBR runs while your thinking about how the EMP works plus i have extra parts a 4spd (roll start) and i know how to make thinks work in a pinch (mcgyver style) and i have enough electronics back round to put what ever i can together to get a circuit working again..most people wont or dont know or understand electromechanics or any thing mechanical...but having skills with keep me employed

Back
Top Bottom