• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Holy moly it just hit me. Russia warns of EMP attack.

I think....that maybe you think too much...it will work..I will be making PBR runs while your thinking about how the EMP works

haha god I hope so.
Ive been into this prepping thing for close to ten years now and after a few years of reading articles in magazines and blogs and having them all contradict each other, I went and started reading research. Then it got scary.

I really hope an EMP never happens, I just know what I read. I was an electrical power production journeyman in the the USAF, so I know what I read there.

but hey, cheers to PBR runs!

haha god I hope so.
Ive been into this prepping thing for close to ten years now and after a few years of reading articles in magazines and blogs and having them all contradict each other, I went and started reading research. Then it got scary.

I really hope an EMP never happens, I just know what I read. I was an electrical power production journeyman in the the USAF, so I know what I read there.

but hey, cheers to PBR runs!
Power production..Cool we have similar back rounds minus the Military...but yeah its not hard to understand large circuits and power generation as anything coming from the grid major voltage as any or most circuits have protection from overload...the average lightning bolt produces as much EMP as small thermonuke the problem resides in micro circuitry because the surfaces and boards have self destroying surge protection....If lightning can jump two miles from the sky the power can eliminate a minute gap or contact

Power production..Cool we have similar back rounds minus the Military...but yeah its not hard to understand large circuits and power generation as anything coming from the grid major voltage as any or most circuits have protection from overload...the average lightning bolt produces as much EMP as small thermonuke the problem resides in micro circuitry because the surfaces and boards have self destroying surge protection....If lightning can jump two miles from the sky the power can eliminate a minute gap or contact

My background inthe USAF deals with mobile/emergency gensets, so alot of data about engines controlled with a low voltage control circuit (12v/24v) and motor/alternator windings and similar equipment sitting a yard waiting for an emergency.

and dont forget about the mulitplying effect the atmosphere has on EMP based on altitude.
carrington effect? i forgot the actual name.

see the theme?

I like it. Would the onboard air tank plumbed to the engine mounted pump and set up to bleed off air when the tank is full? If you got stuck without air, is there some sort of manual/external hand pump that could be used?

Here's my SHTF vehicle:

tractor1.jpg

An air starter would be impractical. I keep a spare starter and solenoid "safely" stored away. :)

I like it. Would the onboard air tank plumbed to the engine mounted pump and set up to bleed off air when the tank is full? If you got stuck without air, is there some sort of manual/external hand pump that could be used?

Here's my SHTF vehicle:

View attachment 755267
An air starter would be impractical. I keep a spare starter and solenoid "safely" stored away. :)

yeah those pumps are for 18wheeler applicatinos and are meant to run fulltime. they have a bypass to them when they reach pressure.
a hand pump could be used, but I would likely carry a CO2 Tank/PowerTank as a backup. maybe a little compressor like a viair in the faraday cage.

and I like it, but it think those still have solenoids for the fuel.

and I like it, but it think those still have solenoids for the fuel.

Correct. I was only referring to the starter setup. I don't know if anyone makes a mechanical fuel setup for these older Japanese tractors. The spares are cheap enough that it doesn't really matter; I have pretty much everything for the tractor except another engine block, tranny and tires. The tractor would never be more than a few dozen acres from the spare parts and the wrenches, if the balloon ever really went up. I do need to get another set of tires, as those would be a b!tch to come up with a replacement for. If I had a bit more storage space, I'd probably be better off buying an entire, spare tractor.

Yeah agreed. Although if I were going to EMP the US. (Like if I were Putin or Kim Jung I'll) I would hemp the USA three time to make sure I got it all. Eastern, central, and western.

Then wait a 3 days and do it again.

Then wait a week and do it again.

Then wait a month and do it again.

By then most people would be dead and/or defenseless and the country would be ripe for invasion.

Yeah agreed. Although if I were going to EMP the US. (Like if I were Putin or Kim Jung I'll) I would hemp the USA three time to make sure I got it all. Eastern, central, and western.

Then wait a 3 days and do it again.

Then wait a week and do it again.

Then wait a month and do it again.

By then most people would be dead and/or defenseless and the country would be ripe for invasion.

Yeah, except those guys would be glowing in the dark from ICBMs launched from Trident subs.

To borrow a phrase from the movie Wargames: "The only way to win is not to play the game."

Haha yeah. Except if it's scuds launched from shipping containers/vessels off the coast, How would we know who to vaporize?

Do you really think, under the scenario you painted, they won't nuke all the usual suspects? Not exactly a "cooler heads will prevail" type of situation.

Back
Top Bottom