• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

High school reunions…who goes to them?

I'd love to go to a reunion but I never got an invite. I hear hooking up at these things is possible. 20th will be coming up in 2 years so maybe I should reach out to someone. Who usually organizes these things?

I went to our 5 year. I had a great time. It was a weekend event and was fun. I went to our 10th it was just dinner at Mexican restaurant and we were way to loud to be contained to a room. They are currently planning our 30th and its a cruise. Im not getting on a boat that Im not the one operating the trolling motor.

my 40th will be next summer. The HS i went to is less than a mile from where i grew up(still on same street) and that is where the reunions are. Classes 1968-1992 Stockbridge High School. Each class sets up an ez tent with their year banner so you get to see /meet others. Very informal. I usually carry a homebrew keg over and share. I have 2 siblings ahead of me so knew good many and it was a small school. Yes still some arse holes there but still nice to see some of the good one that are still around.

Never been to one. Last time I went back to the old home town was probably 30 years ago. By this time I prefer to remember those close friends as they were. Especially that one cute petite blond with the beautiful eyes. You remember, the one that wore white pants.

If I attend my 40th reunion this year, I'll be the only spec of salt in a sea of pepper. I have never seen one white classmate in one reunion photograph, ever. We were about 60 of over 1,200 students. Many of my high school friends, with whom I laughed the hardest as easiest amongst all other persons in my entire life, now hate white people. I doubt I'd want to be around them for an hour.

Now, my classmates from the JROTC program managed by SFC Gordon Williams? Those folks, even the ones who now hate whitey, I can hang out with for a bit. Usually when someone dies or is so old we have to have a party for them.

Back
Top Bottom